How Do You Fix iTunes Home Sharing Issues?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Home Sharing is a great iTunes future but can sometimes be wonky. At times when attempting to use Home Sharing you may get errors saying you're not authorized to access that media, every song skips to the next without playing, or even albums may not show up. How have you been able to fix these issues or have you had those issues arise? I'm looking for a few tips on solving these issues as they pop up if you all have any. Also, I was wondering what may cause these issues as well. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the "home share" feature so I really haven't come across any of the problems mentioned in your post. Having said that, much of the stuff I've read about the issues blame the problems on a bug in iOS 7. If that's true then hopefully, iOS 7.1 will come with a fix. We'll know soon enough, huh?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the "home share" feature so I really haven't come across any of the problems mentioned in your post. Having said that, much of the stuff I've read about the issues blame the problems on a bug in iOS 7. If that's true then hopefully, iOS 7.1 will come with a fix. We'll know soon enough, huh?

Yes, if it is related to iOS 7 I hope 8.1 will fix it