So I used to have Google Play (Android convert here) and downloaded a lot of songs when I had it. When I got my iPhone I downloaded my library and imported it to itunes, no problems at all. Except one... My album art is not all VERY low quality. It is all correct still but it just really bothers me that I paid all this money for songs and now the cover art looks like crap.

What I want to know is if there is already cover art present for a song will itunes match replace it with their version? Assuming the songs all sync up, which they should since it is all pretty main stream.

I am more than willing to pay the $25 to have crisp looking art again, I just don't want to pay the money just to find out that I am stuck with the same low quality art. Thanks.
    02-06-2014 02:33 PM
    Not 100% sure on the album art but I can say mine is all fine. I know when you have iTunes Match you get the iTunes version of the music if they have it, most of the time it's better quality than ripping a disc. I think out of all my music, 1000's of songs I have 2 albums that don't have artwork.
    02-06-2014 03:16 PM
    You should be able to get artwork without iTunes Match. Make a copy of some test tracks and add them to iTunes. Right click and select Get info. Go to the last tab for artwork and select the artwork and delete it. Close the Get Info window. Right click again on the test tracks and there should be an option to get album artwork. Try it and see if it works.
    02-06-2014 05:03 PM
    You should be able to get artwork without iTunes Match. Make a copy of some test tracks and add them to iTunes. Right click and select Get info. Go to the last tab for artwork and select the artwork and delete it. Close the Get Info window. Right click again on the test tracks and there should be an option to get album artwork. Try it and see if it works.
    Will I have that option without having itunes match? Not that it is that big of a deal since it is only $25 but I would rather not spend the money just to check it out and find out it doesn't work.

Not on my home computer so can't try it right now for myself, haha
    02-06-2014 05:35 PM
    Will I have that option without having itunes match? Not that it is that big of a deal since it is only $25 but I would rather not spend the money just to check it out and find out it doesn't work.

Not on my home computer so can't try it right now for myself, haha
    That process should get album artwork for music in iTunes. Then when you sync to your iPhone, the updated artwork should come with it.
    kataran likes this.
    02-06-2014 05:36 PM
    That process should get album artwork for music in iTunes. Then when you sync to your iPhone, the updated artwork should come with it.
    Thanks Karen I will give it a shoot myself 👍

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-06-2014 06:07 PM
    Its all depends on what iTunes version you're running. If you using iTunes 11 or higher, click on File -Library -Get Album Artwork. And for older iTunes versions , you can use Advanced menu and then get Album Artwork.
    Last edited by tuneupmdia; 07-07-2014 at 02:44 AM.
    07-07-2014 02:22 AM