iTunes Radio outside the US (eg Australia)... when?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
So I always had January 2014 in mind for an iTunes radio launch in multiple other countries (australia being one of them), pretty sure that was the rumoured date until fairly recently. But now that January already draws to an end and absolutely nothing has been said or written for some time I am becoming a tiny bit impatient. Does anyone have read anything new regarding iTunes radio outside the US lately? Any ideas what it is that seems to take so long? Or am I mistaken and January was a pipe dream of mine?

cheers :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
wow that's super weird. Wonder where I got that from. Funnily it keeps popping up in the music app for a few minutes every now and then and after a sec magically disappears again. Of course not functional but it might also be a sign that it's somehow on its way/tested out currently. I'm gonna do some research as to where I found that radio rumour.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's some Twitter discussion mentioning some folks in the UK were getting iTunes Radio after a hard reset on their devices...

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Could have been this one:

"iTunes Radio to hit Australia early next year, Bloomberg reports

THE AUSTRALIAN
OCTOBER 09, 2013 8:20AM

APPLE expects to launch iTunes Radio in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand early next year, Bloomberg News reported, citing people with knowledge of the situation."

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Could have been this one:

"iTunes Radio to hit Australia early next year, Bloomberg reports

THE AUSTRALIAN
OCTOBER 09, 2013 8:20AM

APPLE expects to launch iTunes Radio in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand early next year, Bloomberg News reported, citing people with knowledge of the situation."

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

It's probably going to come with an iOS update. Just wait and see what comes in iOS 7.1 it might be iTunes Radio.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the record apple can enable iTunes Radio in any country without a software update.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner