kay, I am a previous owner of the iphones since 3GS. I had 4, 4S, 5 and now, the 5S.

Since I have the 5S, what I noticed is, it is very slow on transferring !!apps!!! between my mac and the 5S. Like, I downloaded the new Pages app, and it took like 10 minutes to install it on the phone. And it happens with EVERY app. Google maps? 45 MB, took 2 minutes. it is ridiculous.

What my specs?

MBP 17' late 2011. The apps and my whole itunes library is stored on an SSD.(tried to trasnfer it and sync form HDD, same thing happens)

I am using the cable came with the 5S.

Mavericks here, and this is happening since I bought the phone.

Tried DFU restore.
    Tried not restoring from backup and doing everything from scratch. Same happens.

Oh, and its probably not about the NAND flashes in the phone, as everything else is pretty fast, even if I download apps from wifi are faster than installing them via itunes...

Anyone would have any idea what to do? I dont like downloading big apps straight to my phone, as it needs twice the space to unpack it.
    01-04-2014 10:54 AM
    The apps transfer successfully, and work properly after the transfer, right? Your only complaint is that it takes too long, in your opinion, to transfer and install. Well, I hope things speed up for you.
    01-04-2014 11:03 AM
    The apps transfer successfully, and work properly after the transfer, right? Your only complaint is that it takes too long, in your opinion, to transfer and install. Well, I hope things speed up for you.
    Sorry I don't mean to sound annoying it's just so odd that it's being so slow
    01-04-2014 11:25 AM
    I'm surprised to hear that you have had iPhones going so far back because you really seem to have a lot of difficulty in using them. I was about to suggest that perhaps you needed to consider a more simple device.
    01-04-2014 11:46 AM
    Sorry I don't mean to sound annoying it's just so odd that it's being so slow
    You didn't do anything that need apologizing.......You spoke of transferring the apps from your computer. Have you tried installing the apps directly from the App Store on your device? It may or may not be faster, depending on your internet/Wi-Fi speed.
    01-04-2014 11:48 AM
    iTunes transfers my apps at about 300 Mbps over USB to my 5S using my windows 7 computer but you have to remember that iTunes checks the app first before it starts transferring it to your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-04-2014 01:02 PM
    You didn't do anything that need apologizing.......You spoke of transferring the apps from your computer. Have you tried installing the apps directly from the App Store on your device? It may or may not be faster, depending on your internet/Wi-Fi speed.
    Ya I ended up doing that manually Installing it from the app stores I have 101 apps I had to re download half if that
    01-05-2014 12:31 AM
    When I bought my iPad Mini Retina and went through setup where you have Pages, Numbers and all the other free apps included and I was tethered to iTunes with a direct fast high speed internet connection it took forever for those apps to install because they are big heavy front laden apps. They work fine and all they do is take space. Otherwise personally and I don't mean to sound cruel but that has not been one part of your phone that there has been some kind of issue. Are you sure maybe you should not get the user manual from the Apple website and learn a bit more on how this phone works, the OS and certain functions, Then maybe once you understand it better it will all seem normal to you like it is to us. I am seriously only trying to help in giving you something to think about.
    01-05-2014 07:42 PM
    Transfer speeds when synching to iTunes are only as good as what your home network components are capable of... It's likely not your phone's issue... But other parts of your home network, and your connection to the internet via your home network can also be a factor.
    01-05-2014 07:49 PM
    Can't speak to the mac or 5s. But I've not noticed overly long transfer times for my iPhone 5 and those apps. It does take a while for the 1gig apps to transfer, but it took a while before.

How close is your phone to full? I've noticed longer times when you run low on space. Other thing that comes to mind is to switch ports on your Mac. Not sure on the macs, but I've had problems on previous PC's where the USB port goes south and funkiness ensues because it treats it as a USB1 port and not a USB2 port.
    01-14-2014 06:25 PM