How many people actually buy their music and not just download it from the Internet?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded 1,275 songs from an old Blackberry 16gb memory card, however not all album art was received....Any opinions to why not?

Lot of variables. Most likely those were MP3's (mp4a's are different). The MP3 format originally didn't have support for album art. It was kind of hacked on with the ID3 tags. Depending on when you got the music, how it was encoded, and whether or not the encoded added in the album art, you may or may not have it (and have to retrieve it).

In the past, iTunes was a bit funky on how it saves the album art. A lot of times it just saves the JPG in the folder, and copies that it into its database when it syncs to your phone/iPad. It has the capability of embedding the art, but I'm not sure if it does it automatically or if you have to copy/paste into the Get Info screen. I don't know if the latest version is better or not, haven't looked at it in a long time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that explains a lot. some of the music was downloaded years ago when I had a 1gb memory card and just past from memory card to memory card thru the years until the last 64gb memory card. I would estimate about 70% of album art was transferd, the others are probably to old when album art wasn't a big thing or supported.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I only buy albums which I really like, The Clash and Iron Maiden comes in mind, the rest of the music I can enjoy through radio no problem.

Physical copies > digital copies for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I only buy albums which I really like, The Clash and Iron Maiden comes in mind, the rest of the music I can enjoy through radio no problem.

Physical copies > digital copies for me

Yeah, and they can't take away/disable the physical copies on you (at least, not yet).

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that explains a lot. some of the music was downloaded years ago when I had a 1gb memory card and just past from memory card to memory card thru the years until the last 64gb memory card. I would estimate about 70% of album art was transferd, the others are probably to old when album art wasn't a big thing or supported.

I know how to get the album art. On PC just right click and click Get Album Art. If it's in the iTunes database, you will get the album art.

DayThyme

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: iTunes music..

I would stream all my music but I would need a 50 GB data plan and a battery that lasts 3 times longer when streaming audio and LTE everywhere I go. Since I can't get any of the above in Canada I'll stick to my locally stored music option.
I have unlimited data and LTE most of the places I go but it sucks the life out of my battery to stream audio as well as makes my device hot. That can't be good for the long term health of the device. I just ordered an FM radio that communicates with my phone via bluetooth so that I don't have to stream as much.

And I buy all of my music.