Hey guys, I have a perplexing issue that I relly need to solve involving my itunes account.

Okay so the account I use on my phone is logged in on my phone. It shows my account in the app store when I make purchases,and also in the settings app under app store.

Now, when I go to update any of my apps on my account, it shows that i need another account (my brothers) to be able to update my apps on my account.

This is a brand new iphome and has only ever had one account on it,the one i made for it when I got it. Is there any thing that im missing? or is this *** odd as it seems to me lol help would greatly be appreciated Different iTunes account needed to update-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1385319282.089215.jpgDifferent iTunes account needed to update-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1385319290.836119.jpg
    11-24-2013 01:54 PM
    Did you set up your new device with a backup of your old iPhone, and did you ever login to the iTunes / App Store app with either device, even temporarily, to download an app that had previously been purchased by your brother? If so, then what you are experiencing is normal. If you've never ever used your brother's Apple ID to make a purchase, you need to contact Apple to get it straightened out.
    11-24-2013 02:28 PM
    Hey guys, I have a perplexing issue that I relly need to solve involving my itunes account.

Okay so the account I use on my phone is logged in on my phone. It shows my account in the app store when I make purchases,and also in the settings app under app store.

Now, when I go to update any of my apps on my account, it shows that i need another account (my brothers) to be able to update my apps on my account.

This is a brand new iphome and has only ever had one account on it,the one i made for it when I got it. Is there any thing that im missing? or is this *** odd as it seems to me lol help would greatly be appreciated Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385319282.089215.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	43105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385319290.836119.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	43106
    My guess would be you and your brother both use the same computer with iTunes ?

I think you restores you phone it loaded a app he download on your phone. Now to update that app it needs his account.

Simple way to see is try to update one app at a time see what one triggers your brothers Apple ID

Then delete that app from your phone and re download it with your Apple ID .

If that don't work I would delete every third party app from your phone and then make sure your logged into your Apple ID and re download them.

I can almost guarantee one of your apps was loaded or download with your brothers ID some how.
    11-24-2013 02:29 PM
    My guess would be you and your brother both use the same computer with iTunes ?

I think you restores you phone it loaded a app he download on your phone. Now to update that app it needs his account.

Simple way to see is try to update one app at a time see what one triggers your brothers Apple ID

Then delete that app from your phone and re download it with your Apple ID .

If that don't work I would delete every third party app from your phone and then make sure your logged into your Apple ID and re download them.

I can almost guarantee one of your apps was loaded or download with your brothers ID some how.
    Seems you were right, had to do with my bro using some of the same apps that I do, and when I synced my music and apps, some overlaped and were under his account so all I had to do was delete them on my phone and re install them using my login Thank you!
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:18 AM
    Seems you were right, had to do with my bro using some of the same apps that I do, and when I synced my music and apps, some overlaped and were under his account so all I had to do was delete them on my phone and re install them using my login Thank you!
    No problem glad I could help
    nyry likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:40 AM
    Thread moved to the iTunes forum
    11-26-2013 04:12 PM