Recently I was having some weird stuff happening with my Home Sharing. It was always seemingly buffering content and just downright being laggy and one trick I found that worked to correct it was to shut off the old method of sharing files on a network, more specifically the one found under the iTunes Preferences:

Improving the performance of Home Sharing in iTunes-screen-shot-2013-11-22-2.30.38-pm.png
    Share my library on my network was enabled. Why? I dunno but I shut it off as it's not really needed for Home Sharing and from that point on, I've not had any issues with Home Sharing. If you find you have similar happening, it's certainly something to check and disable if it has been enabled.
    11-22-2013 01:32 PM
    Recently I was having some weird stuff happening with my Home Sharing. It was always seemingly buffering content and just downright being laggy and one trick I found that worked to correct it was to shut off the old method of sharing files on a network, more specifically the one found under the iTunes Preferences:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 2.30.38 PM.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	42972
    Share my library on my network was enabled. Why? I dunno but I shut it off as it's not really needed for Home Sharing and from that point on, I've not had any issues with Home Sharing. If you find you have similar happening, it's certainly something to check and disable if it has been enabled.
    Did not know about this, thanks for the tip!
    11-25-2013 12:17 PM