iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: I haven't tried again today cause I was busy doing other stuff but I should be able to try tomorrow and post my findings.

I forgot to add that when I tried to transfer 667 songs to my iPod the other day, only 472 of them transferred but it didn't freeze on waiting for changes to apply.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I deleted my library.xml file today and rebuilt it from scratch. I have synced several times without any issue. I usually have a pro lane after a few successful syncs. I'll update tomorrow as well.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: I just tried with my 4S on 7.0.4 and my 3rd gen iPod touch on 5.1.1 and the bug didn't come up again.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far (and I can't believe I'm saying this) after doing a windows update the bug went away.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I did a full DFU restore and it went away for a half a day. Bug is back. I don't think there is a fix until Apple fixes it. It's such a random bug.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did a full DFU restore and it went away for a half a day. Bug is back. I don't think there is a fix until Apple fixes it. It's such a random bug.

I have no other ideas to try and the only thing I can add is I'm using a desktop and USB 2.0 ports.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've now tried with my 5S that is running iOS 7.0.4 and the issue doesn't appear at first. But after being connected for 1-2 hours the issue comes back but the "waiting for changes to be applied" comes BEFORE it starts syncing not after this time. And the only other thing that seems to affect the issue is how much data is being transferred at the time.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The last thing I tried was to remove my music and sync an empty phone. I then synced one album at a time I until I found one problem album. I fixed the tags and cover art and it synced fine. A couple of days later the bug was back. I literally have no other ideas.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The last thing I tried was to remove my music and sync an empty phone. I then synced one album at a time I until I found one problem album. I fixed the tags and cover art and it synced fine. A couple of days later the bug was back. I literally have no other ideas.

A clean install of windows is the only thing left to try that I can think of.

To me it sounds like a communication issue between iTunes and the iOS device.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
A clean install of windows is the only thing left to try that I can think of.

To me it sounds like a communication issue between iTunes and the iOS device.

I wouldn't mess with your windows install at this point. This is certainly an apple issue as it happens on mac's as well.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mess with your windows install at this point. This is certainly an apple issue as it happens on mac's as well.

Well I'm going to wait and see if an iTunes update will fix it if one comes out with iOS 7.1 or before then. I do have an alternate program I can use if needed, it's not great but it gets the job done good enough.

I can't do a clean install anyways since I don't have an external hard drive to backup data plus I have to find where I put my windows 7 installation DVD cause my computer came with vista.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
final update with a surprising resolution. After three visits to the Apple store for Genius appointments, I finally email Tim Cook expressing my frustration. In less than 24 hours, I received a call from my local Apple store instructing me to come in for a resolution. When I arrived they explained that they are working on a resolution, but they would like me to be happy with their products in the meantime. The solution? They gave me a free iPhone 5s and leather Apple case.

Needless to say, I was more than surprised.

Photo Dec 06, 10 08 29 AM.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
final update with a surprising resolution. After three visits to the Apple store for Genius appointments, I finally email Tim Cook expressing my frustration. In less than 24 hours, I received a call from my local Apple store instructing me to come in for a resolution. When I arrived they explained that they are working on a resolution, but they would like me to be happy with their products in the meantime. The solution? They gave me a free iPhone 5s and leather Apple case.

Needless to say, I was more than surprised.

View attachment 43857

Nice, hope they find a resolution.

Also I've recently synced 3162 songs (or 16.82 GB) to my 5S and the issue didn't come up, but there was a good delay before it started syncing.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The genius didn't sound too optimistic for a quick resolution. They game me the 5s because they have no idea how to fix it yet.

mike1in3

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution that isn't "just nuke everything and reinstall, hoping it doesn't happen again."

This is what I did.
1. Turn off wi-fi sync (this may not be necessary).
2. On the iDevice (mine is an iPad) go Settings - General - iTunes WiFi Sync
3. Sync with USB cable. Watch the status on the iDevice.
4. I discovered that for some bizarre reason, it was trying to install Pages even though it was already installed and running fine with the latest update on my iPad.
5. Delete and reinstall Pages from the iDevice's App Store.
6. Initiate a backup via iTunes on my Mac, including transferring apps/other purchases that aren't on the Mac. (This may not be necessary, but likely is).

That fixed it. The key was to have settings up and running before sync'ing so I could see which app was crashing the sync. Note that the Pages warning message was replaced with the annoyingly unhelpful "preparing for sync" message that iTunes displayed. Also, the iDevice status has more info than iTunes does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh