How do you discover music? Do you still listen to the radio?

NewtonGravity

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
When I take my hour long drive to work, I usually just hookup my iPhone to the bluetooth and start playing songs I've downloaded so I don't really discover new music UNLESS someone starts singing/playing something in front of me.
I was just wondering how you discover your music and if you still listen to the radio?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have iTunes Radio via iOS 7 then just select one of the customized music stations. I'm sure you will discover songs you've never heard and some point during your drive to work.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
@JustMe'D
Unless you live outside the US. ;)
Although, with a launch for iTunes Radio in Canada looking imminent, I will soon get to try it out.

@cavemanit
I do the exact same thing.
Sometimes I have to remind myself NOT to listen to the music I already have and turn on the radio instead.
For the exact same reason. If I don't, I'll never hear anything new.
That's why I like Shazam. If I hear something I like, I can open, and have it tagged, in seconds for future consideration.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@JustMe'D
Unless you live outside the US. ;)
Although, with a launch for iTunes Radio in Canada looking imminent, I will soon get to try it out.

@cavemanit
I do the exact same thing.
Sometimes I have to remind myself NOT to listen to the music I already have and turn on the radio instead.
For the exact same reason. If I don't, I'll never hear anything new.
That's why I like Shazam. If I hear something I like, I can open, and have it tagged, in seconds for future consideration.

Very true...:)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I like I radio and my music, but I also like music video's such as Vevo it gives a good mix of different types of music.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I listen to iTunes Radio all the time now. I listen to my playlists that I have downloaded to my phone when I'm working out.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iTunes Radio, YouTube, Vevo, tunein radio, iTunes Store... I think that's it...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
iTunes Radio, YouTube, Vevo, tunein radio, iTunes Store... I think that's it...

I dnld VEVO last night after you mentioned it.
So far so good. Kinda nice to watch music vids when it's convenient.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dnld VEVO last night after you mentioned it.
So far so good. Kinda nice to watch music vids when it's convenient.

I only use VEVO to listen to songs at higher quality that I'm thinking of getting to see weather I'm getting the song though iTunes or "other" ways.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Spotify has been the best for me regarding discovering music. i do have a couple of favorite FM radio stations I listen to as well

honestly, iTunes Radio just replaced Pandora for me

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My music habits changed when they raised the prices (I listen to a lot of podcasts now). I used to buy CD's and songs fairly often but I pretty much haven't since they raised the prices to $1.29 on practically every song. I've already got a large catalog, so I pretty much just browse through the 69 cent sales every so often, and I watch youtube for different things. Where it used to be an impulse buy, $1.29 makes me question, do I really need it, and the answer most often is no.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
My music habits changed when they raised the prices (I listen to a lot of podcasts now). I used to buy CD's and songs fairly often but I pretty much haven't since they raised the prices to $1.29 on practically every song. I've already got a large catalog, so I pretty much just browse through the 69 cent sales every so often, and I watch youtube for different things. Where it used to be an impulse buy, $1.29 makes me question, do I really need it, and the answer most often is no.

+1 for rummaging through the 69 cent bargain bin.
I have everything I REALLY want. The rest, I wait til it's on Sale.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I do listen to the radio for music. I also listen a lot to iTunes Radio and Pandora. iTunes Radio has replaced Spotify for me.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a lot of Sirius XM in my car and when a song comes on that I like I tag it with Shazam. It's an easy way for me to remember later what it was and then I can buy it from iTunes if I want.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a lot of Sirius XM in my car and when a song comes on that I like I tag it with Shazam. It's an easy way for me to remember later what it was and then I can buy it from iTunes if I want.

I had SiriusXM for the trial period on my car. It's a nice service, but my problem with it was that I don't drive enough and spend enough time in the car to justify $180/year for it... They came back with something like a $25 for 6 months deal. But they stick you with auto-payments and autoincrease to the maximum price at 6 months (hoping you're too lazy to cancel it). Their problem is that their competition is podcasts and my personal library of music. I don't see a need to even bother with their stuff in that situation.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Pretty much the same thing I do. Only I use it at home as much, and you cannot tag a song per say with the essential plan, unless I am missing something. I subscribed to the $8 streaming plan, with 3 months free.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know what radio is.
Haven’t listened to it for years and won’t listen to it for many years to come.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2