How do you discover music? Do you still listen to the radio?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I’m a truck driver. Usually, I’ll find something new channel surfing on SiriusXM. Steering wheel controls allow me to go channel by channel.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly...from everywhere. I listen to several different music sources from TV commercials to radio stations.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am about to vent. I have the trial with the essential plan on SirusXM.
I want to listen to the Super Bowl, I click on the game, and it’s in French.
I call listen care, and she tells me the game is not included with the essential plan.
“So why is it in French, I ask? “ She gave me some mumbo jumbo. This is my second time dealing with their listener care team since Friday, when I was trying to activate the service, which that was a 30 minute phone call. And now this... Enjoy the game folks

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My music discovery takes place by going into the genres of my choosing in Apple Music and Spotify and picking an album and listening to a few songs. I just actively seek out new artists that I've never heard of and give them a shot. If I enjoy, I save the album. If I REALLY enjoy, I purchase the album.

I also listen to SiriusXM but not a whole lot.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I’m listen to Spotify 100% of the day and I make playlist of my favorite bands and when they get to the end of the playlist then a radio of that band starts playing and that’s where I find new or old music that I add to a new playlist. I think Im happy just to stay in my little music bubble .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just don't hear a lot of "new" music I like that much. I do search genres and sub genres on Apple Music for anything I might like. The only music I listen to on radio is Classic Rock and oldie goldies.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I’m listen to Spotify 100% of the day and I make playlist of my favorite bands and when they get to the end of the playlist then a radio of that band starts playing and that’s where I find new or old music that I add to a new playlist. I think Im happy just to stay in my little music bubble .

Would be nice if Apple Music had that feature.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been using SirusXM, with Apple Music. Their music selection cannot be beat, and the essential plan is only $8 a month.
And when I hear something new, I can add it to a playlist on Apple Music.
My Apple Music plan renewed for the year. So that’s pretty much my primary.
The essential plan is on a trial basis until April, so I doubt I if I am keeping both.
Apple Music works for my needs, and it has radio stations as well.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Another SXM/Apple Music subscriber here.

Usually what happens is when we’re out somewhere and I hear a song I like, I use Shazam to identify it. Then I ask someone (wait staff/bartender/manager) what music service they are playing.

Radio? You mean that am/fm thing? What’s that?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Another SXM/Apple Music subscriber here.

Usually what happens is when we’re out somewhere and I hear a song I like, I use Shazam to identify it. Then I ask someone (wait staff/bartender/manager) what music service they are playing.

Radio? You mean that am/fm thing? What’s that?

It’s funny how there are still people listening to terrestrial radio.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have stopped listening to music radio. I do listen to WGN radio out of Chicago, but they are talk, and they stream also on the net. For music, I pretty much listen to terrestrial radio stations from around the world that stream on the net, or all my friends who publish on BandCamp.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I find most new (to me) music by listening to my Discover Weekly on Spotify, these excellent playlists also give me the opportunity to “view artist” and find out something about whoever I am listening to..... mostly !
I no longer listen to music on the wireless, probably because all the best disc jockeys, like most of my favourite musicians.... are dead.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2