iTunes 11.1.1 fixed most bugs, but left one big one

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Gone are my issues with syncing my iphone and disappearing podcasts, but itunes still turns my wifi adapter off if I stream itunes radio or podcasts from my computer. I have duplicated the issue on two different home laptops and one work desktop. Streaming via itunes is the only time any of them lose internet connection.

All are on windows, 2 on windows 8, and one on windows 7.

At least I can sync now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently streaming iTunes Radio from my MacBook to my Apple TV (3rd Gen) and iTunes has yet to crash and the music is playing seamlessly. I don't have a Windows PC so I can test it out for you in that regard. All I can say is either reboot your computer you are streaming from or re-install iTunes to see if either will help.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually going to reinstall itunes when I get home. I'm thinking it has to be a compatibility issue with windows 8 issue though. Just this morning, my boss lost internet (wired connection) when he was streaming some classical music on itunes radio.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually going to reinstall itunes when I get home. I'm thinking it has to be a compatibility issue with windows 8 issue though. Just this morning, my boss lost internet (wired connection) when he was streaming some classical music on itunes radio.
Oh okay. Just update us when you can. Thanks, and have a great day...:)

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
We have been streaming iTunes Radio for over and hour with no bugs. Thirty seconds into streaming a podcast, and we lose internet connection. Very strange.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We have been streaming iTunes Radio for over and hour with no bugs. Thirty seconds into streaming a podcast, and we lose internet connection. Very strange.

Strange indeed. I'll stream a podcast shortly and see if I lose internet connection a little later and get back with you.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Update for anyone interested:

None of the fixes I found online worked, so I called apple support and explained my issue. He reset my itunes account and everything worked fine after a reboot of my computer. This makes no sense to me, since my account shouldn't turn my wifi adapter off, but I'm glad it works.

We did the same for my bosses computer and it worked for him as well.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Update for anyone interested:

None of the fixes I found online worked, so I called apple support and explained my issue. He reset my itunes account and everything worked fine after a reboot of my computer. This makes no sense to me, since my account shouldn't turn my wifi adapter off, but I'm glad it works.

We did the same for my bosses computer and it worked for him as well.

Thanks for sharing. Agree that the workaround makes zero sense. Why would/should anyone's Apple ID have the ability to disable your computers WiFi hardware, software, or internet access?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am at a loss to explain it, and I laughed at the guy when he told me it was my account. I considered it a coincidence until it worked on my bosses as well.

Twilight zone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner