ios 7 Devices Not Syncing in iTunes 11.1

jonharrell

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have recently updated my iTunes to 11.1 and I have also download and installed through the device on my iPhone 4s and iPad 2. But when I plug in my devices to my Windows 8 computer, iTunes does not see or load them to sync. When I go into my computer I am able to see the device and view the pictures that are on it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, but still not luck. Does anybody have a fix for me? Thanks.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i am in the same boat...

i installed via OTA.. plugged into itunes... it said i had to update itunes to 11.1 did it. rebooted pc and phone. Nope. unistalled drivers. nope. reinstalled itunes. nope.
I can get to the pics in the explorer... it shows in devices, and device manager..

just will NOT show up in itunes!!!

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
win8 64?

thats what i have.. i even tried to put phone into recovery... got the connect to itunes. But nope, doesnt see it.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
hahahah!!!! Got it wow what a pain..

in your device manager, under the USb section there should be an Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. if its NOT there (im guessing it isnt)

Check Portable Devices > right click the Apple Iphone > Update drivers

browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and click ok > next

it should find it and install... restart iTunes... poof!!

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538 (Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed)

J Sweeney

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow!!

I have been unable to sync since I installed OS 7 on my iPhone 5 and upgraded iTunes to 11.1 a week ago.

The suggested fix worked perfectly. I can finally sync my phone.

Thank you!!

BestSeanEver

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my 5s....the phone can obviously connect to iTunes (i use the remote app to control music)...but doesn't show up in devices when trying to sync wirelessly...any ideas?

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Lots of issues with this in the Apple Support Communities, after the iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows update.

My parents had this problem with both their iPhone 5 iOS 7 devides on both their Windows 8 64-bit computers; just needed to update their USBAAPL64 drivers, as stated within the TS1538 tech support article.

GypsyTats

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you to whoever suggested making sure that the drives were installed.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

Everything works now!!!!:heart::rotfl::yes:

rik1974

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
hahahah!!!! Got it wow what a pain..

in your device manager, under the USb section there should be an Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. if its NOT there (im guessing it isnt)

Check Portable Devices > right click the Apple Iphone > Update drivers

browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and click ok > next

it should find it and install... restart iTunes... poof!!

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows (Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed)

Genius, worked for me when all else failed !

nmwittfoth

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I could seriously kiss you for this fix... I have been trying for weeks to fix this stupid issue with my iphone and itunes and have been SO frustrated!! thank you SO SO much!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2