itunes help

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to sync some ringtones I did in Rigntonium.... problem is when I tick the "sync tones" box, iTunes wants to delete my whole library! What's up with that? I have iTunes set to "manually manage music" (due to the fact I have so much), is that the problem? Why is it doing this?:mad: Message "remove and sync this library" comes up. I haven't done anything to my initial itunes library to begin with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In summary, because I'm not in a position to give you the exact steps, just create a folder on your desktop and place your ringtones inside it. Now initiate your computer's iTunes app, connect your device via USB, and after iTunes recognizes it, go to File in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Add to Library" and then select the folder you created on your desktop containing your ringtones. Then sync.

Last edited:

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Since you are managing your library manually, you have to manage ringtones manually as well. In iTunes 11, just highlight and drag the tones you want to move to your device to the right. A shelf will open showing the device. Just drop it there.

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've done what you've said. Ringtones are there but are the light grey color with an open circle next to them. .... So now what? I've synced my phone and nothing changes.

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so in all honesty this is bull****!!! There has to be an easier way to get ringtones on your phone with out deleting all the music. Wtf?!?!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Found this on apple support forums. Hope it helps.

Ok guys i had the same problem for about a year now and i tried all the actions proposed in forums from time to time with no luck. Today, accidentally i must say, i found the solution and i think it will help all those whose the ringtones (under the iPhone at "Devices") are showing up in gray (as "synchro" stated).

So follow the steps:
First delete your gray ringtones and sync.
In iTunes select Edit > Preferences
In the box that comes up under "General", check the "Tones" box and press OK.
Now in the upper left corner of iTunes under "Library" you will be able to see a "Tones" tab like the one you see under the iPhone at "Devices".
Drag and drop your ringtones in "Library" box. If you select the "Tones" tab you will be able to see the ringtones.
Finaly drag and drop the ringtones from the "Library" to iPhone under "Devices".
Now if you select the "Tones" tab in iPhone you will hopefully be able to see your beloved ringtones in black font again. Sync and ring happily ever after.

Hope this works for everyone.

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks dryland. I've done that as well. The issue is when I check the "sync tones" box under the iPhone settings, iTunes wants to delete all the music on my phone in order to sync tones. That's the frustrating pArt

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox