iTunes declines card i always use to make purchases

Oldazruz

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
iTunes wont let me download any paid or free apps. Every time i tried to download an app on my iphone 5 it asks me to enter password. then when i enter my password it takes me to a billing screen and asks me to enter my security code, which when i enter correctly then tells me "your payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method". i know all my details are correct as iv used this card for years and never had any problems before and not made any changes to anything. Any ideas whats up with it? Iv tried signing out and back in to my account and that didn't work. any help would be appreciated alot as i need to sort this asap, thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iTunes declined card i always use

Make sure your card's expiration date has not passed and login to your Apple account and make sure it is intact there as well.

Oldazruz

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man, iv tried that and still no luck. I updated to 6.1.3 recently but i don't think that could have anything to do with it?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe delete the card and re add it. If that doesn't work I would probably try a different card. Who knows maybe something is up with the card.

JasonStoner

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to me! Very frustrating and I don't have "another pay method" and all info was still intact... I think it's a bug in the iOS system that's probably unknown yet... 2 days later, It started working again. Only happened once so far but if it happens again I would contact Apple
Jason Stoner

Chase Isley

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I would call Apple. They will give you the exact reason why. Remember, the info you put in has to match the information that is exactly on the card. Also make sure that there is no outstanding balance on the iTunes account. If there is, iTunes will not allow you to add a card until you pay the outstanding balance. You will have to buy an iTunes gift card, pay the outstanding balance, then you can readd the card.

Here is a helpful article as well. iTunes Store: My credit card's security code or zip code does not match my bank's records

Bristol Tha Pistol

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
iTunes wont let me download any paid or free apps. Every time i tried to download an app on my iphone 5 it asks me to enter password. then when i enter my password it takes me to a billing screen and asks me to enter my security code, which when i enter correctly then tells me "your payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method". i know all my details are correct as iv used this card for years and never had any problems before and not made any changes to anything. Any ideas whats up with it? Iv tried signing out and back in to my account and that didn't work. any help would be appreciated alot as i need to sort this asap, thanks.

Same thing for weeks for me. Card isn't expired, money in account, all info matches on iTunes and other account. Lame!!! Did you get this fixed?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Happen to me. If they think your card was used fraudulently then they flag it and it will no longer work no matter what you do, I spoke with someone and they can't remove it from the system. I had to actually get a new card since it was my only one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

​Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what steps did you take to get it resolved?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don’t have any credit/debit card on my iTunes account. I simply buy iTunes gift cards - often when they are on sale... and add them to my iTunes account as the previous account balance gets used up. For me, it’s just easier, and there is ZERO chance of any credit/debit card fraud issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro