iTunes crashes when I connect my iPhone

DamnSkippy

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
iTunes 11.0.2.26, iPhone 5 6.1.2, iPad 2 6.1.2, Windows 7 64bit. Both iPhone & iPad are jailbroken.

Has been working fine but today I plug in my iPhone and after a couple seconds iTunes crashes. It does not do this with the iPad. No new apps installed on iPhone or Windows.

Tried:
rebooting iphone, reboot iPhone disabling mobilesubstrate, reboot PC, start iTunes by "run as administrator", disconnect network cable start iTunes (regular and admin). nothing made any difference.

I was able to backup to iCloud on the iPhone.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
iTunes 11.0.2.26, iPhone 5 6.1.2, iPad 2 6.1.2, Windows 7 64bit. Both iPhone & iPad are jailbroken.

Has been working fine but today I plug in my iPhone and after a couple seconds iTunes crashes. It does not do this with the iPad. No new apps installed on iPhone or Windows.

Tried:
rebooting iphone, reboot iPhone disabling mobilesubstrate, reboot PC, start iTunes by "run as administrator", disconnect network cable start iTunes (regular and admin). nothing made any difference.

I was able to backup to iCloud on the iPhone.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just for grins have you tried a clean uninstall of iTunes. When you go into your installed programs if you are using a PC you will find I believe 5 entries that are associated with iTunes and of course iTunes. To make completely sure you can call Apple and they will tell you which they are and delete them in the order they give you.

After that and restarting your computer try reinstalling iTunes and you should be back up and running. Something might have gotten corrupted and just because your iPad does not do the crashing does not mean anything. You have nothing to lose so this is what i would do and have had to do before.

Also don't worry you will not lose anything in your iTunes library. Good luck and repost how it went.

DamnSkippy

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Fixed but was not iTunes.

Uninstalled iTunes and associated software in proper order, reinstalled/configured. Plugged in iPad worked fine, iPod worked fine, iPhone crashed iTunes. So I installed iTunes on another one of my Win7 64bit systems, plugged in iPhone and it crashed iTunes.

I remembered I had added a couple of videos to my iPhone using syncios while I was out of town. I had never used it before but my brother swore by it. They did not show in camera roll but did in the videos app. I deleted them, rebooted, plugged it in and it showed up in iTunes. So apparently that was the issue. Since I have almost no experience with syncios I can't really say anything to it reliability only that it caused an issue in this case.

I decided to do a restore/jailbreak and not restore a backup just to make sure the system was in good order.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you got it all taken care of. Thank you for the update and have a great day...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Fixed but was not iTunes.

Uninstalled iTunes and associated software in proper order, reinstalled/configured. Plugged in iPad worked fine, iPod worked fine, iPhone crashed iTunes. So I installed iTunes on another one of my Win7 64bit systems, plugged in iPhone and it crashed iTunes.

I remembered I had added a couple of videos to my iPhone using syncios while I was out of town. I had never used it before but my brother swore by it. They did not show in camera roll but did in the videos app. I deleted them, rebooted, plugged it in and it showed up in iTunes. So apparently that was the issue. Since I have almost no experience with syncios I can't really say anything to it reliability only that it caused an issue in this case.

I decided to do a restore/jailbreak and not restore a backup just to make sure the system was in good order.
Same here. Good to see when a plan comes together and you were estute enough to figure out the video situation. Good for you. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner