I went the cheapie route and got an iPhone 4 (only 8GB) and now I am constantly running out of space. When I sync with iTunes, I see "other" taking up a lot of space along with photos, music, etc. Is the re any way to access this "other" data either on iTunes or on the phone, or will it require a jailbreak and/or file manager... if there is one?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: I did look through the other forum threads, but could not find anything, so I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else!
    02-17-2013 03:48 PM
    I went the cheapie route and got an iPhone 4 (only 8GB) and now I am constantly running out of space. When I sync with iTunes, I see "other" taking up a lot of space along with photos, music, etc. Is the re any way to access this "other" data either on iTunes or on the phone, or will it require a jailbreak and/or file manager... if there is one?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: I did look through the other forum threads, but could not find anything, so I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else!
    The short answer is NO.

The long answer is that the other data includes the Operating System (iOS) and other data that the iPhone needs to function. There's no way to get to it and you can't get rid of it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Palm Junky likes this.
    02-17-2013 04:02 PM
    I was afraid of that... but thanks so much for answering my question so quickly!!

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is that the other data includes the Operating System (iOS) and other data that the iPhone needs to function. There's no way to get to it and you can't get rid of it.

02-17-2013 04:34 PM
    I was afraid of that... but thanks so much for answering my question so quickly!!
    Yep. No problem!

02-17-2013 04:38 PM
    You might want to consider doing a restore as new via iTunes and then re-sync the phone...
    02-17-2013 04:43 PM