configuring an iphone 4

crossfire3636

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
a friend has an iphone 4 that has yet to be set up with a computer/itunes. He wants to restore the data of the phone. I plugged it in to a computer and I was asked to either start a new phone or back up from another phone that HAS been connected to the computer before. If I set the phone up as a new phone, would I lose all data, on the phone? What's the best way to restore a phone that has not been associated with itunes yet?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
a friend has an iphone 4 that has yet to be set up with a computer/itunes.
okay
He wants to restore the data of the phone.
How did he backup his current data or the data he allegedly wants restored?
I plugged it in to a computer and I was asked to either start a new phone or back up from another phone that HAS been connected to the computer before.
That is correct. You will have to restore it as new or use one of the backups saved via iTunes on the computer it is currently connected to.
If I set the phone up as a new phone, would I lose all data, on the phone?
Yes
What's the best way to restore a phone that has not been associated with itunes yet?
Does your friend have an iCloud account? If so and if iCloud backup is enabled on the device, he can restore from a previous iCloud backup. Without a previous backup, either via iCloud or iTunes, a restore will not do him any good except to restore it back to a native state as in the way it was when it was purchased.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods