Windows 8 backup location

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where the iPhone backup files are located in Windows 8 ??

And yes I googled and searched everywhere. Can't locate. And btw. I HATE windows 8 !! What was Microsoft thinking LOL.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That shouldn't have anything to do with Windows though. You access it in iTunes. Have you tried that?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So have you tried accessing it through iTunes, which is how it is meant to be done? (It's a whole lot easier than searching for a file location that Apple didn't intend to be moved.)

XMTRCV

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure what they were trying to do is move their previous iphones backup files from an old laptop/system to a new one independently, Like I am attempting to do here... However with no success... I have found the files in WIN7.. But ummm now where do I copy them to where Win8 ITunes will find them... For 3 different backups that are each unique~

Jay Kay3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, Make sure you have the option "Show hidden files and folders" and than go to the directory: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer

Worked for me, will work for you. :)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, Make sure you have the option "Show hidden files and folders" and than go to the directory: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer

in this directory? C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer/mobile sync/backup ??

johnnorman

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The location of backup files on Mac OS X when made through iTunes are mentioned below:
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Here the symbol '~' signifies the home directory of OS X.

The location of backup files on Windows XP when made through iTunes are mentioned below:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

The location of backup files on Windows Vista, 7 and 8 when made through iTunes are mentioned below:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is not the solution. The Roaming folder is by default a hidden folder. So if you can see it it means that you already set all folders to display. Still don't see it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2