Why some purchases charged to iTunes balance and others to PayPal?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have PayPal set up as my backup funding source at iTunes, but I usually run a positive balance there. I currently have about $20 in my iTunes account. Lately, however (in the past month), I'm noticing roughly half of my iTunes purchases are being charged right to my PayPal account rather than taking from my iTunes balance. Anyone know why this might be? No one has "hacked" my account. The purchases are legit, but I don't understand the re-directing of the funding source.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually noticed that too. It was only one charge but probably would have been more if I didn't notice the charge on my card. I don't know why this happened. I just took my credit card off as a backup funding source. I could always put it back if I need to.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks. That's probably what I'll do too, but I wanted to check to see if it was something I had done.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually noticed that too. It was only one charge but probably would have been more if I didn't notice the charge on my card. I don't know why this happened. I just took my credit card off as a backup funding source. I could always put it back if I need to.

Same here, I just removed my CC and decided to just keep a balance on my iTunes acct via iTunes gift cards. Since it wasn't working properly I decided it was better to be safe than sorry

docd62

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this too but I believe they were just pending and never went through. I will have to double check this to be sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73