Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Saw this posted elsewhere and seems a good question, however, I am not sure how to do it:

I have a 1TB NAS and I would like to stream movies from the NAS to my iPad on my home network but when I try to connect to the NAS, it can't find any movies. For example, I use cinexplayer and it shows nothing in the window when I connect.

To which I said:

Yeah, there is no actual AirPlay app that I am aware of. When you have media on you iPhone, iPad or in iTunes and it is playing, the icon will appear that you can stream to your Apple TV.

Now, how would that work on a iPhone or iPad if you want to open the file/play on it? There has to be a way to browse the content and then play. Using webaccess is one way. I can't think of another.

Thoughts from this crew?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
AirPlay is using another device as a screen or speakers for an iPhone, iPad, or Mac... there is also sharing an iTunes library... HomeShare enables one to play anything in that shared library on any iDevice that's on the same local network... and one can stream content from iCloud...

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That's the way I understand it. So, with home share (I am not at home at the moment), how would I say play a video that is shared? Hit the videos app?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's the way I understand it. So, with home share (I am not at home at the moment), how would I say play a video that is shared? Hit the videos app?

If you're at home, you'd hit the video app, and browse to the video in the home shared library... or, if it's an iTunes purchase, those are streamable from iCloud anywhere.,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73