iTunes11 is Live

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So far... It has a better look and feel - seems faster, I'm liking what I see.

Edit to add: had one hitch in the git-along... my iPad suddenly decided it was 'over capacity' - with a ridiculous "Other" level indicated... was able to do a back-up... then did a reset/erase content and settings on the iPad... then restored - now syncing. Not a big deal... I've done it before. :)

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I like the change it's much more clean and also feels a little quicker. The only things I have noticed that are missing so far is no volume control on the mini player which seems like a crazy oversight. One thing I was hoping they were going to do was iCloud synced playlists. I have the same playlist on three devices and everytime I change it I have to syn all of them such a pain.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Edit to add: had one hitch in the git-along... my iPad suddenly decided it was 'over capacity' - with a ridiculous "Other" level indicated... was able to do a back-up... then did a reset/erase content and settings on the iPad... then restored - now syncing. Not a big deal... I've done it before. :)

I just had this for the first time on my iPhone 5 last night. On iTunes 10.7. Not sure it's related to iTunes 11. I didn't have to restore or erase, just closed and re-opened iTunes and restarted my phone. I synced again, and all was well.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just had this for the first time on my iPhone 5 last night. On iTunes 10.7. Not sure it's related to iTunes 11. I didn't have to restore or erase, just closed and re-opened iTunes and restarted my phone. I synced again, and all was well.

I tired all that before resorting to the wipe & restore... the other bummer about this is the Navigon app does not back-up the maps it downloads, so that is now in progress. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A slight disappointment... don't know if it's iTunes11, the iOS update for AppleTV, or the update to the Remote app - or all three... I can no longer use the Remote app on iPhone to have the AppleTV shuffle my iTunes playlist of Warner Bros. cartoons I have in my iTunes library... Drat.

Edit to revise & extend: Upon further review, the call on the field is overturned... once you initiate the playlist by playing something, you can then use the available control on the remote app to shuffle, and then the "Up Next" feature populates with randomly selected titles from the playlist, which you can edit within the "Up Next" window/list if desired...

How 'bout that.

Last edited:

techlover10

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just installed iTunes 11 on my Windows laptop; I ran the 64 bit setup but it installed the 32 bit version. I know it doesn't really matter much, but it's still annoying. Anyone else with this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711