iTunes Match, library on network drive

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I want to migrate my iTunes library from my laptop to my home network drive. I'm trying to make sure I understand how this will work.

1. When I am at work with my laptop and NOT connected to my home network will I be able to stream all the songs that are in iCloud to my computer like I do to my iDevices?

2. When I reconnect same laptop to my home network will iTunes automatically reconnect to my library on the network so I can play the few songs that are NOT in iCloud?

3. Can I point iTunes on 2 different computers to the same iTunes library, even if they have different iTunes accounts/usernames/etc.?

Thanks for your help. I think I understand all this, just want to make sure before I go moving stuff and then can't access anything.

Jay

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re #1 - yes, anything stored to iCloud will stream... #2 yes... but, there may be errors where you might have to "locate" things within iTunes - not really a big deal... #3 - no - libraries are tied to AppleIDs - you might be able to make 2 different computers see & use the one physical library on a network drive... different AppleIDs won't work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner