iTunes and App Store issues

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay this maybe happening to just me but iTunes and the App Store aren't working well on my phone either on 4G or Wi Fi. For iTunes the featured page and chart pages load fine, but when I try to select a music genre page, it doesn't load. The same is true when I go to the App Store and try to select one of the categories for apps. What the heck is the app store and itunes down?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The App store has been a little strange since the first beta was released. Though I can't say I've had many issues as of late.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you.... It stalls on me sometimes when I get on screen update notification. I click on App store and update... It stalls. I have to Kill App store and relaunch... No biggie...Next iOS update should get some of the bugs out. I'm not gonna demand Apple Apologize or Return my phone....LoL

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so my app store is not working at this point- I searching gives you blank pages and so does charts and featured. very frustrating- saw on the apple communities that this has been happening to many people. Some have tried a restore and that works temporarily but then stops again...

lilmoney30#WN

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue iTunes and the App Store is blank. This is my second phone and Apple has not commented on this problem. It drives me nuts!! I hope there's a fix soon!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wound up going to apple store. They hadn't heard of the problem even though its all over apple support communities. Surprised its not on here really. Anyway the backed it up and did a restore in dfu mode. That worked for now. Someone on the apple forums said it worked for him but only temporarily.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The App Store is my only compliant with ip5/iOS 6! It is not smooth scrolling and the new layouts blows! It's funny, my 11 year old son has an iPod and after loading iOS 6 one of the first things he said to me was the App Store sucks.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately, I can go to iTunes on my pc and download an app and that app starts downloading immediately on my phone too. Still, it isn't ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the App Store works perfectly on my wife's 4S, but still won't work on mine. What should I do?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so my app store is not working at this point- I searching gives you blank pages and so does charts and featured. very frustrating- saw on the apple communities that this has been happening to many people. Some have tried a restore and that works temporarily but then stops again...

Have you gotten any resolution? I'm having the same problem on my iPhone and my wife isn't. Same model, same OS version, same WiFi network, hers works, mine doesn't.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you gotten any resolution? I'm having the same problem on my iPhone and my wife isn't. Same model, same OS version, same WiFi network, hers works, mine doesn't.

I went to apple store and the "genius" told me it wasn't a widespread issue. Can't trust the blogs lol... Anyway long story short he put phone in dfu mode and wiped then restored. That worked. Came home and did the same myself to iPad.

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well it's been happening to me all day. Very frustrating that i can't use the App Store unless connected to a computer an browsing it there. It seems plenty widespread to me, seen this posted on several forums with lots of replies of people having the same issues.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it's been happening to me all day. Very frustrating that i can't use the App Store unless connected to a computer an browsing it there. It seems plenty widespread to me, seen this posted on several forums with lots of replies of people having the same issues.

Yeah no kidding. It was very frustrating. Spent plenty of time talking to me about how my lifeproof case wasn't really waterproof. Should have spent the time doing research into what I was telling him.

guitarman85

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well mine was magically resolved this morning, I think this is good evidence of a server side issue at apple, I hope everyone else's is working too!

RRF785

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues here. I can search the App Store but it's very slow. When I try and download anything I keep getting the "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store" message. Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods