So I tried updating to ios6 lastnight. I did it ota which might have been my first mistake. The update sent my phone into recovery mode. I had to plug to iTunes and do a restore. At this point I accept that I'm losing all my data, fine. Only one apps data that I care about anyway. (2do) But fine l'll live. It's just one more day until I get my new phone anyway. So this morning I thought hey let me go in appstore and re download my most important app. Maybe by some miracle I may be able to recover the lost data. At any rate I search out the app and click on it. Well instead of the install button i was supposed to get for a previously purchased app I got the $9.99 button. What? I'm not buying this app again! So I go to iTunes to look at my apps and lo and behold it does not exist there. So at this point the hope of the miraculous data recovery is out the window, I got whole new set of problems now.

I'm confused as to why the app is not there, and what can I do to not have to pay for it again. This app is by far the most expensive I own ( or used to own). I am completely miffed,the only app that I was concerned about losing the data to now no longer exists, meanwhile I'm getting freakin "don't leave Jane doe hanging" updates. SMH!

What are my options? I most probably will re purchase the app tomorrow unless there are any ideas in the crowd.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-2012 11:09 AM
    On the iPhone, open the App Store app, hit 'updates' then 'purchased'... find the app, download again... no, you don't pay for it again that way.
    Last edited by kch50428; 09-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    count123 likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:27 AM
    Also, if you've ever done an iCloud backup that included the app in question then that app should re-appear after an iCloud restore.
    count123 likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:31 AM
    Thanks fellas!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    09-20-2012 11:38 AM
    One more question. Is there such an action to recover music purchased on the iphone?
    09-20-2012 11:50 AM
    One more question. Is there such an action to recover music purchased on the iphone?
    Yes... use the iTunes app.. click 'more' at the bottom, then hit 'purchased'...
    count123 likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD