cannot connect to itunes store

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Called Apple and apparently they are aware of the issue and they said they have been getting complains about this issue for a couple days and are working on a solution.

So if the support guy is right, then 1 or more of the itunes servers are down primarily the ones that control updates.

Threads are popping at apple's support forum and was wondering if any1 else is noticing this problem?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was getting this last night but after i killed the app store app in my switcher it worked. weird

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
last week for a day or two (mon & tues ?? i think) I was having issues on and off accessing the iTunes store also - sometimes it would work some times it wouldnt. I t was from my iphone, my ipad, my daughters iphone and my laptop - so i knew there had to be something going on. It cleared itself up by thurs. and no other issues since **knock wood**

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
mine is still down, i can buy new apps, delete apps, redownload apps but i can't update them...

Ditto. Only on my son's phone though, our other three are working perfectly fine. I've rebooted it, changed DNS numbers, reset network settings - you name it - and it still won't work. He can visit the app store, download apps no problem, but updates always lead to "cannot connect to iTunes store."

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I received that error with just about every app that I tried to download to my new 4S from the app store. Even though I got that message it still downloaded the apps after I hit install. I really hope it gets fixed because that was annoying to keep hitting OK with almost every app.

paulsma

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't Update

Called Apple and apparently they are aware of the issue and they said they have been getting complains about this issue for a couple days and are working on a solution.

So if the support guy is right, then 1 or more of the itunes servers are down primarily the ones that control updates.

Threads are popping at apple's support forum and was wondering if any1 else is noticing this problem?

I'm pretty skeptical that it's a server issue. If I try to "update" back to back on my iPhone 4S and my iPad "3", I can update just fine on my iPad, but not on my iPhone 4S, so it clearly isn't an "internet or Wi-Fi connection issue" as so many Apple Forum Support "help" posts suggest.

On my iPhone, I can connect to the store, search, browse new or featured and purchase and download anything I like - but I can't update. But, as I said, "update" works perfectly on my iPad. I'm guessing this is more likely to be a corrupted iOS/corrupted iTunes Store App (corrupted on my phone, that is) problem.

The mystery to me is why so many of us are experiencing the problem. I've done some searching and I find references to this issue dating back to 2008 or earlier, so it doesn't appear that it is exaclty a new problem. The only consistent "fix" I found was "restore original settings." That, apparently, works every time. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods