iTunes messing with albums on multi-disc releases.

Norwichred

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem for years, and have never found a solution for it. If someone here can solve my problem I'd be so impressed.

The problem occurs when i take a multi disc release and put it into one album on iTunes. I do this so I can listen to the whole album in its entirety on my iPhone or apple tv.

Now, I am going to quote some specific examples but there is no rhyme or reason as to when it happens and when it doesn't.

Take the re-release of Jesus Christ Superstar that came out on Monday, I buy the CD and rip both discs into iTunes. I then go into info and make sure the album field is the same on all the tracks across both discs, the tracks are numbered sequentially across both discs, and the disc x of y fields are blank.

No problem, all is fine,

Take the Queen 2 CD remastered 2011 CDs. Again they come on two discs. If I rip them automatically, it's fine. iTunes marks them as "Jazz" (for eg) disc 1 and 2.

But if I try and put them together, I make sure the tracks are marked sequentially, the album title is the same, and then iTunes splits them into THREE different albums! :confused: there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Some multi CDs it's fine, others it's not.

And it's so frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have seen this too, but have yet to find a solution. On a side note I just bought the rerelease also, but it might take a while for it to reach me here in the states, BUT Amazon UK seemed to have no problem selling it to me. :)