Hi Peps,

We have just bought our 12 year old son a 3GS. So, we attempted to create an apple ID for him and of course you have to be 18.

There must be a way to make him an account right?

I mean what about all the kids out there with iPods, etc.

I heard a rumour that you could do this from iTunes on the PC/Mac. But I couldn't do it without lying about his age.

Is that the only way. Lying about his age?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-07-2012 03:38 AM
    Hi Peps,

We have just bought our 12 year old son a 3GS. So, we attempted to create an apple ID for him and of course you have to be 18.

There must be a way to make him an account right?

I mean what about all the kids out there with iPods, etc.

I heard a rumour that you could do this from iTunes on the PC/Mac. But I couldn't do it without lying about his age.

Is that the only way. Lying about his age?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since you are his parent, and legally responsible for him, create the account in your name...
    06-07-2012 03:42 AM
    Since you are his parent, and legally responsible for him, create the account in your name...
    Of course I already have an account for myself. So do I just create another one in my name or with his name and my details?

Just wanna check that I'm going to do it right before or do it?

Cheers
    06-07-2012 06:09 AM
    You can do it either way. Create it in his name and you be the custodian of his account - nice and legal.
    FendrGuitPlayr likes this.
    06-07-2012 07:18 AM
    You can do it either way. Create it in his name and you be the custodian of his account - nice and legal.
    Agreed - I think you can authorize up to 5 devices/computers.
    06-07-2012 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD