iTunes 10.6.1.7 - Manually manage music with iPhone no longer queues selections

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I just discovered that when you have your iPhone set up to ?Manually manage music and videos? it no longer queues your selections as you drag and drop music or playlists. What I mean is in previous iterations of iTunes, I could drag and drop as many playlists on the iPhone in the DEVICES window of iTunes and hundreds of songs would literally queue up showing you the number XX of XXXX in the top window of the program, of which the latter number increasingly got larger the more music you dropped on your iPhone. With this latest revision, iTunes 10.6.1.7, it no longer queues that music, instead it interrupts what was previously queued with a ?Preparing to update? message, stops the previously queued music, and then starts with the newer music you dropped on your iPhone device.

Is this intentional? Is everyone else experiencing this rather odd revision of this program's functionality?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I will check for this next time I'm at my itunes PC. :) I'm at work right now. :) I have an iTouch, BUT it should work the same. :)