Forgive what may seem a very simple question, but I wanted to check this with the experts before doing it. I have iTunes on my PC which syncs with my iPhone 4S. I know you cannot sync the iPhone to multiple PCs, but can I install iTunes on my laptop so it will download my purchases (movies/music) for viewing on that laptop and my photos via iCloud? As long as I never physically connect my iPhone to that laptop, it won't try to sync to it, even via WiFi, is that correct? I would like to have my photos back up to two places, but I don't want to screw up my iPhone.
    05-21-2012 10:35 AM
    to play from your laptop, use iTunes home sharing. Set that up on the primary machine, then on your laptop.
    05-21-2012 10:40 AM
    to play from your laptop, use iTunes home sharing. Set that up on the primary machine, then on your laptop.
    I have iTunes home sharing set up. So, I just install iTunes on the laptop and then I can watch videos? Also, will iCloud download my photos from photo stream to the laptop then too?
    05-21-2012 11:31 AM
    I have iTunes home sharing set up. So, I just install iTunes on the laptop and then I can watch videos? Also, will iCloud download my photos from photo stream to the laptop then too?
    I think iCloud only downloads to iDevices. For example i can see Photos that i have taken on my iphone on my ipad via photo stream.Don't think you can access them via laptops, etc. However they do get back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-21-2012 02:24 PM
    I have iTunes home sharing set up. So, I just install iTunes on the laptop and then I can watch videos?
    You'll be able to watch any videos in the shared library on iTunes on any device you can access that shared library from... iPad, iPhone, or computer where the library shows in the left column.
    Also, will iCloud download my photos from photo stream to the laptop then too?
    Don't know about that one - I'm not using photo stream.
    05-21-2012 02:33 PM
    I think iCloud only downloads to iDevices. For example i can see Photos that i have taken on my iphone on my ipad via photo stream.Don't think you can access them via laptops, etc. However they do get back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Install the iCloud application on your laptop (just start Apple Software Update and you'll see it) and you'll be able to access (and store) all your Photostreamy goodness.

Also, Photostream on iDevices is not a permanent storage. It's either 30 days or 1000 photos.
    05-22-2012 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD