Sorry in advance for this being either too long and/or confusing.

Basically I am wondering where all my memory is being used up on my Macbook. I have an 08' Macbook and when I go into the Storage the bar shows that the majority of my memory is being used as Movies. However, I don't own any movies on my laptop - I do however have TV shows, yet I do not have a ton and I didn't know if they are what's taking up all the space.
    I only have
    - 1 Season of Dexter
    - 3 Seasons of Modern Family
    - 2 Seasons of The Office
    - 1 Season of Game of Thrones

These can't be taking up all the space can they? And if so, what would your reccomendations be to clear up some memory yet not lose all these shows.

I'll add I do have a Time Capsule and I have had one for about 4 years now so everything I have downloaded is backed up to it. I am just not too savy on how to have my shows on it yet not on my actual Macbook. I don't want them to get deleted but I also don't want to have to wait an hour or longer to re-download each episode/season if I want to watch them again.
    05-01-2012 11:35 AM
    You have two options: either buy an external hard drive (so cheap lately) or delete them and redownload them when you want.
    05-01-2012 01:49 PM
    45 minutes of HD video at 720p is roughly 1.4GB - and at 1080p is roughly 1.75GB for one show. It add up pretty fast.
    05-01-2012 03:49 PM
    Well according to iTunes it says I have a total of 86.21 GB of TV Shows, yet when I open my System Information 137.65 GB of my storage space is Movies. So where are all these movies or how does this add up/work?
    05-01-2012 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD