Waiting!!

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That says it all. I have 6 apps that are stuck waiting for updates on my IPhone and 1 on my IPad. Is it working for anyone else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had ya couple of updates earlier this morning and the apps updated without a problem.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Less than a minute ago, I had an update for one of my banking apps and when I initiated the update, it did so quickly and without waiting.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Took several hours, but they finally updated. I sure hate iTunes.

It does happen but I remember updates on android was a hassle sometimes. I just updated apps on on Droid last night and always seems angry birds has issues.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've now reset three times and signed out & back into my iTunes account. Still waiting.

Here is what I learned last night. Called AppleCare and they recommended re-installing IOS5.1. I was reluctant at first but finally did it and restored via ICloud from an older back-up that worked fine before. This did not solve the problem. While trying different things I noticed that if I switched from WIFI to 3G (which AppleCare did suggest) the download resumed immediately. When I switched back to WIFI it stopped. I should note that my wifi connection was excellent and I have donloaded from the App store before at this locoation. So then I went to Settings, Store and turned "Use cellular data" to "Off". This seemd to resolve the problem and I am able to update and download apps now over WIFI. There are numerous posts about this issue on the internet by the way with varying solutions including changing the router DNS to 8.8.8.8 to turning cellular data off (was not clear as to how or where in settings). Hope this helps. Please share your experience.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Happening for us tonight, can't update anything from iTunes on iPads or iPhones at our home 4/20 at 10PM PST

johnolesen

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
really dont mean to necro post, but im having the same issue. brand new freshly activated iPhone 4s on Sprint.

i've reset the phone three times (completely factory wipe). I've activated OTA, and via iTunes, i've set up as new phone, and restored from iCloud backup. issue is STILL persistant. I've signed in and out of app store. turned on / off cellular data. tried over 3G and WiFi (well, one of my stores demo phones hotspot...). it just stays stuck on waiting. It oddly started working this morning, and I was downloading apps like a champ.

any other idea?

I have a customer who just activated a 4s as well, and its happening to him. Is Apple just having server issues?

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes if you start an app update and for whatever reason it doesn't complete. You lose 3G, your wifi goes down etc it sometimes moves into waiting state and will stay like that....

The way to get it off the waiting screen and to resume downloading is simple.

Just tap the app icon! It will instantly change from waiting and will start downloading/installing

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2