It's a generally-accepted attitude that iTunes is dated and desperately due for an update. I'm curious, what specifically would you guys change? Personally, I think it's just time for a UI update... Pretty much all of the functionality I want is there.
    04-13-2012 11:38 AM
    I would like for it to sync as seamlessly as iCloud does.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    04-13-2012 11:48 AM
    Faster Load
    Ability to turn off unused features
    Total UI update, modernized design and function
    04-14-2012 11:16 PM
    What up with people wanting an UI update? Change for the sake change is pointless (same could be said for the iPhone enclosures). Unless the changes contribute something to the experience/functionality/ease of use, I'm not interested in relearning how to use iTunes.

As to what I want to see: either change the name of the application to reflect its multipurpose nature, or break apart the app's functionality either into separate apps, or a main app with lots of addons/extensions.
    04-15-2012 04:57 AM
    What up with people wanting an UI update?
    Those people are merely responding to the question, "what would you change in iTunes?"
    Change for the sake change is pointless (same could be said for the iPhone enclosures).
    All things eventually change whether we want them to or not and there is nothing wrong with wanting something to change. Have you always had your specific smartphone or did you have several others and if so, why the change?
    Unless the changes contribute something to the experience/functionality/ease of use, I'm not interested in relearning how to use iTunes.
    Are you certain that the UI change some people are hoping for won't contribute to the experience/functionality/ease of use?
    Besides, just because YOU may not be interested in relearning how to use iTunes doesn't make what you want more important than what others may want.
    ...(snipped)

I hope my reply doesn't seem harsh because that is not my intent.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    04-15-2012 09:11 AM
    the Find Album Artwork feature to actually WORK!
    Garz and Fausty82 like this.
    04-16-2012 01:42 PM
    All things eventually change whether we want them to or not ...
    That's not entirely true. We all have a chronic addiction to oxygen and that's not changing anytime soon.

Have you always had your specific smartphone or did you have several others and if so, why the change?
    Actually the 3GS is my fist smartphone. Before that I had an LG feature phone. As I stated in your third quotation of me:

Unless the changes contribute something to the experience/functionality/ease of use ...
    the iPhone 3GS brought a ton of new abilities and that's always a welcomed change.

Are you certain that the UI change some people are hoping for won't contribute to the experience/functionality/ease of use?
    That is precisely the point I was trying to make - Apple should give us something that is easier to use or more functional than what we have now. Shuffling UI elements around just to get this "new" feeling will only lead to frustration of not knowing where things are located. I admit, Apple values their reputation with the customers and the chances of the scenario just mentioned are slim to none.

Besides, just because YOU may not be interested in relearning how to use iTunes doesn't make what you want more important than what others may want.
    True, but if the change doesn't better the experience in any way why would you welcome it?
    04-17-2012 05:31 AM
    That's not entirely true. We all have a chronic addiction to oxygen and that's not changing anytime soon.

Actually the 3GS is my fist smartphone. Before that I had an LG feature phone. As I stated in your third quotation of me:

the iPhone 3GS brought a ton of new abilities and that's always a welcomed change.

That is precisely the point I was trying to make - Apple should give us something that is easier to use or more functional than what we have now. Shuffling UI elements around just to get this "new" feeling will only lead to frustration of not knowing where things are located. I admit, Apple values their reputation with the customers and the chances of the scenario just mentioned are slim to none.

True, but if the change doesn't better the experience in any way why would you welcome it?
    Excellent response and I do see your point. Well done.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iDonev likes this.
    04-17-2012 09:29 AM
    Only have one issue with Itunes that i wish would be fixed... Syncing the music to my ipod isn't always perfect.. what i mean by that is i've arranged and edited my itunes library exactly how i want it but when i sync to my ipod sometimes on a song to song basis it doesn't sync all the info perfectly to my ipod... and sometimes i get a duplicate sync... sometimes songs from same album will be in 2 separate folders.. which sucks because u can't listen to entire album continuously...
    05-08-2012 04:12 PM
    I would love for itunes to quit crashing all the time. Apple is VERY slow to fix bugs.
    05-16-2012 12:55 AM
    Apply for sure is really slow for solving Bugs... sync as seamlessly as iCloud do @JustMe'D..This is the only thing i will also do...
    05-25-2012 08:44 AM
    It's a generally-accepted attitude that iTunes is dated and desperately due for an update. I'm curious, what specifically would you guys change? Personally, I think it's just time for a UI update... Pretty much all of the functionality I want is there.
    I am running into a serious issue that Apple desperately needs to address. First, Apple is pushing content at us from every conceivable angle... movies, television, home video, music videl, podcast, music... and the video comes in SD and HD... and everything is getting bigger and bigger... yet their consumer computers don't come with options for sufficient storage for all of that media. My Mac Mini, which I purchased for the express purpose of serving iTunes content to my Apple TVs and computers on my home network maxes out at a 750GB internal hard drive.

Now, that media can be stored on external media... which at this time is the ONLY way to solve the issue of ever growing media libraries... and iTunes is quite crippled when it comes to managing this mess. You can put your iTunes library anywhere you want, but often times at considerable effort to make it work. Another option is to stick movies on a network drive and then only "reference" them with iTunes - that is, don't copy them into the iTunes media folder... but that, too, has it's issues.

My biggest beef with iTunes is in this area. I truly hope this rumored "redesign" takes this into account... I have over 250 commercial movies (yes, they're all legally owned by me), over 200 GB of "home" movies - videos of our family, kids, grandkids, etc, somewhere close to 1,000 hours of television shows (all legal), over 8,000 songs (again, all legal)... I need help managing this within iTunes.
    06-08-2012 10:32 PM
    - Make it more efficient on resources. It's a PIG!
    - Automatic folder tracking! Why do I have to go through and re-add everything just 'cause I added a new album or a few tracks? (no, I do not let iTunes manage my files. They are just the way I like them and I don't need iTunes messing with them)
    - Leave my ID3 tags alone. Stop changing the title field.
    - Let *ME* decide when you stop updating a podcast. If I'm subscribed, go get the files! If I fill up my hard drive with episodes I haven't listened to, that's my fault.
    - Make it more difficult to duplicate tracks I send to my iDevice. If I choose the same song off two different compilation albums, those are two different physical files but if I choose the same file, why do you push it to the device as another file?
    - Fix the WiFi sync. Zune has been doing it for years and it's seamless. Why can't Apple get it right?
    - If I update a video's media type to Television, make that permanent. If I decide to refresh my library, don't jumble them all in with the movies.

The interface could use a little bit of cosmetic update but it's fine the way it is.
    Last edited by jfusco; 07-07-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: One more thing...
    07-07-2012 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD