My laptop crashed and with it iTunes. It's fixed now and I did a back up of the music on my phone using TouchCopy. It put all the music from my phone back into iTunes. I have "sync all checked songs and videos" and "manually manage music" marked for when I sync the phone to iTunes. All my music that I want has a check mark and it shows that it's doing the back up when I click on "sync" but there is no music on my phone.

I did get a message saying that my phone was synced to another iTunes (my crashed laptop) and if I proceeded it would do a erase and sync to the current iTunes. I did cause this iTunes does have my music. But there is no music on my phone and when I click on Apps in iTunes it shows the screen shots of my phone and the apps but they are sort of grayed out........if I click on "sync apps" it again says it will erase all and then sync and I could lose the info...........this time I didn't do that.

Now how do I get the music back to my phone and back up my apps?
    03-06-2012 11:25 PM
    UPDATE: Ok I now have all my music showing in iTunes as well as on my phone. I didn't realize that I had to drag my playlists up into "music" under my iPhone..........

but now how do I sync my apps from my phone to iTunes?
    03-06-2012 11:41 PM
    You just need to make sure you're signed into your iTunes account and authorize the newly formatted computer for your account.

You've got Store - Authorize this computer and
    File - Transfer Purchases
    03-07-2012 06:41 AM
    Thanks Alli! That worked perfectly.................

I do have one more question............how do I remove an app from my phone but keep it in iTunes? I don't see anyway to do that when my phone is connected and I choose Apps up under library.......it shows all my apps. There are a couple that I want to take off my phone for now and possibly use later so I want to keep them in iTunes.
    03-07-2012 10:31 AM
    On the phone, tap and hold the icon until it wiggles. Then hit the X. If you delete it from the phone it wont remove it from iTunes.
    Alli likes this.
    03-07-2012 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD