Does anyone know if there is a way to stop iTunes music from downloading onto my iPhone after it's on iCloud. When I play the music on iCloud it starts to automatically download it.
    03-04-2012 06:36 PM
    Nope! That's the way it's supposed to work. It's not a streaming service.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    03-04-2012 08:05 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to stop iTunes music from downloading onto my iPhone after it's on iCloud. When I play the music on iCloud it starts to automatically download it.
    You can always delete it off your phone (on your phone) when you are done. It will just remove it from the phone and not the cloud.
    03-04-2012 10:46 PM
    Assuming that you know that the iTunes Match service isn't meant to be used as a streaming service, I gather that your actual concern has to do with the following:

The device goes from playing one song that you HAVE downloaded deliberately to automatically downloading and playing the next song (or the next shuffled song). If so, that's because you've got your music settings set to show all music; that includes the songs that you've uploaded to iTunes Match/the cloud but haven't downloaded, yet.

If you set it to NOT show all music (again, in the settings app), when your downloaded music plays or shuffles, it will only play the music you've already downloaded to the device's local storage.
    remipmc and Tuscany123 like this.
    04-15-2012 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD