I just reinstalled windows 7, and put itunes back on. In Itunes, under my phone, I have "manually manage music and videos." I like to manually add and take off songs from my phone.

I use to be able to move music to my itunes library, and then drag it to my phone. Right now, I have 800 songs in my itunes library, but they are all on the icloud (itunes match). It will not let me move those songs to the phone. It says They are only available in the icloud. Does this mean I have to readd the songs to my itunes library to copy them to my phone?
    12-27-2011 11:31 AM
    I just reinstalled windows 7, and put itunes back on. In Itunes, under my phone, I have "manually manage music and videos." I like to manually add and take off songs from my phone.

I use to be able to move music to my itunes library, and then drag it to my phone. Right now, I have 800 songs in my itunes library, but they are all on the icloud (itunes match). It will not let me move those songs to the phone. It says They are only available in the icloud. Does this mean I have to readd the songs to my itunes library to copy them to my phone?
    Can't you just download the songs you want straight to the phone through iCloud?

If you don't want to do that, download your songs to your PC, then turn off iTunes Match on the PC and phone temporarily. You should be able to drag the songs over then. When you're happy with it, you can turn iTunes Match back on.
    12-27-2011 04:06 PM
    I'll try that. I'm on airplanes a lot with no wifi. When I shuffle songs on the phone most are on the cloud and can't be played without wifi. I would like to not use cloud on my phone, but use the cloud and match for my ipad
    01-02-2012 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD