iTunes not syncing all my songs (10.5.2 (11)

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing syncing issues between iTunes and my iPhone 4S (64GB). To be more specific I have selected songs to sync to my iPhone using Smart Playlists as an example I organize my music by rating songs from 1 to 5 stars and select a 3 star playlist to sync. However not all of the songs in that playlist are syncing and there does not seem to be any consistantcy to which songs sync and which do not. Meaning some are puchased from iTunes and some are burned from my CD collection. The additional piece of information I should include is, I do subscribe to iTunes Match although I have it turned off on my phone right now.

All of the music I am trying to sync to my iPhone is in my library meaning the songs are not missing or otherwise not playable. In fact until I purchased iTunes Music, upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and upgraded my iPhone my system of syncing music was working just fine. Please understand I am only listing all of this information in hopes a solution can be found by included all relevent information.

Thanks for the help

ksheffler

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Try unsyncing the music and then resync. By this I mean when the iphone is connected to itunes click on the music tab and uncheck sync music. Say ok to this will remove all music. When it is done, recheck sync music and see if that fixes your problem.
I am experiencing syncing issues between iTunes and my iPhone 4S (64GB). To be more specific I have selected songs to sync to my iPhone using Smart Playlists as an example I organize my music by rating songs from 1 to 5 stars and select a 3 star playlist to sync. However not all of the songs in that playlist are syncing and there does not seem to be any consistantcy to which songs sync and which do not. Meaning some are puchased from iTunes and some are burned from my CD collection. The additional piece of information I should include is, I do subscribe to iTunes Match although I have it turned off on my phone right now.

All of the music I am trying to sync to my iPhone is in my library meaning the songs are not missing or otherwise not playable. In fact until I purchased iTunes Music, upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and upgraded my iPhone my system of syncing music was working just fine. Please understand I am only listing all of this information in hopes a solution can be found by included all relevent information.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion however that did not work. After speaking with Apple's support they suggested deleting my iTunes library and recreating it, now that did work.

What's still unclear is what caused the problem in the first place. I'm guessing either the latest version of iTunes or iTuneMatch and for that matter it could the the combination of the two.

bellaswan#IM

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
MIght be possible that there are some corrupted or damaged songs present in your iPhone that the iTunes finds not in proper condition and thus not syncing the songs. You can try different other ways like use the latest iCloud technology, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to transfer the rest of the songs that are not transferred normally with itunes. Although there is another way to resolve it and is via an application called file transfer iphone. It work to transfer all kinds of contents that are present on iPhone or other iOS devices. It include music, video, movies and all other things that are supported by iOS.
Apple iCloud: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU1826179%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=_KshHFi1
Ref: http://www.filetransferiphone.com

Wish it solves your problem,

Bella S.

aart12

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing sort of the same thing.
I can sync, and it finishes. But if I sync again, more contacts and music are sync'd. After that finishes, I sync again and more contacts and songs are sync'd.
This can go on for 8 to 12 times before no new data is sync'd.
I have tried re-setting the phone from scratch, and this behavior will repeat from the start.
I am using the most current iTunes (10.6.x), but I am using an iPhone 3GS (if that matters. With the most current iOS).

panamagal

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion however that did not work. After speaking with Apple's support they suggested deleting my iTunes library and recreating it, now that did work.

What's still unclear is what caused the problem in the first place. I'm guessing either the latest version of iTunes or iTuneMatch and for that matter it could the the combination of the two.

How do you delete your iTunes library? I am having the same issue and have tried to un-sync and then sync again and did not work.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you delete your iTunes library? I am having the same issue and have tried to un-sync and then sync again and did not work.

On Windows you'll find the library file (I believe it's an .xml) inside the iTunes folder, usually located in My Music.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73