Sync issues PLEASE HELP!!

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Details; My wife, two sons, and myself all have iPhones and using same computer to sync but different accounts. I recently upgraded to the 4S and wanted to give my iPhone 4 to my oldest son who has the 3gs. I performed the back up with the 3gs then restored the 4 using his backup but every time I try to sync I keep getting the same message "The iPhone cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified." I also received the same message when trying to sync the 3gs. WHAT GIVES??? And before someone says google it, I've tried and the only thing I can find is dealing with iTunes 9.2 and I'm using the most up to date version "10.5.1". Can someone PLEASE HELP?
Using Windows 7.

Last edited:

ey8dy

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
hi.. have the same issue... ur 2nd comment wasnt clear though... by RESTORE you mean ? like have the itunes reinstalled?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
hi.. have the same issue... ur 2nd comment wasnt clear though... by RESTORE you mean ? like have the itunes reinstalled?

Restore means plug your iPhone in, go to iTunes and click Restore. This will restore your device to factory settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73