I have signed up for iTunes Match and have an iPhone 4S. The service worked fine and uploaded all songs without any hiccups, but now I have an issues on the iPhone.

I soon realized you could not manage the iPhone's Music collection from iTunes anymore...no more easy selection of syncing certain playlists, checked songs, etc. Normally, I just say "sync entire music library anyways.

But that is where the dilemma begins...I can see every song on my iPhone, but they aren't stored there, you must be connected to the internet to stream them. Where I use my iPhone to listen to music I never have solid WiFi connection or 3G, so how can I tell my iPhone to download every song from iTunes Match? Meaning, I don't want to have to go through every song and click the little download icon!
    12-01-2011 08:17 PM
    I have signed up for iTunes Match and have an iPhone 4S. The service worked fine and uploaded all songs without any hiccups, but now I have an issues on the iPhone.

I soon realized you could not manage the iPhone's Music collection from iTunes anymore...no more easy selection of syncing certain playlists, checked songs, etc. Normally, I just say "sync entire music library anyways.

But that is where the dilemma begins...I can see every song on my iPhone, but they aren't stored there, you must be connected to the internet to stream them. Where I use my iPhone to listen to music I never have solid WiFi connection or 3G, so how can I tell my iPhone to download every song from iTunes Match? Meaning, I don't want to have to go through every song and click the little download icon!
    First up, Match doesn't stream to the phone. What it will do is start playing the song for you immediately while it downloads the rest of it your device. So if you play it once, it's going to be on your device until you delete it.

If you want to sync your whole library without having to download everything from the cloud:

Turn off iTunes Match temporarily on the Phone.
    Sync all of the song with the cable.
    Turn iTunes Match back on.

You'll have all of your songs without having to download them all from the cloud. If you turn on automatic downloads from the iTunes store on your phone too, then anything you purchase will automatically be added to your phone too.
    12-01-2011 10:36 PM

If you want to sync your whole library without having to download everything from the cloud:

Turn off iTunes Match temporarily on the Phone.
    Sync all of the song with the cable.
    Turn iTunes Match back on.
    Yeah but when I turn iTunes Match back on, it gives me a warning saying "This will erase the current iTunes Library"...hence all my music is wiped and then it starts from scratch.
    12-01-2011 10:51 PM
    Yeah but when I turn iTunes Match back on, it gives me a warning saying "This will erase the current iTunes Library"...hence all my music is wiped and then it starts from scratch.
    It shouldn't erase everything already on the phone, it should just replace any locally made play lists with those that are sync'd in iCloud. Downloaded music should remain on the phone.
    12-01-2011 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD