Official iTunes Match launch thread!

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Why no streaming? I was really excited to start with as I thought I could save space on my phone and iPad. My iPad is always crammed to the gills with video and was hoping to free up a lot of space as iTunes isn't the easiest in the world to exclude music in a time sensitive fashion so it's pretty much all or nothing. This would solve that issue. I guess the lesson learned is next time buy the 32GB. I'm still going to try out Match and see how I like it. I do wish they would give the option to use their metadata. I imagine I am not the only one who does minimal tagging to save time. I typically just use artist, album, and cover art. It would be nice to have complete tags without the time investment needed.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Why no streaming? I was really excited to start with as I thought I could save space on my phone and iPad. My iPad is always crammed to the gills with video and was hoping to free up a lot of space as iTunes isn't the easiest in the world to exclude music in a time sensitive fashion so it's pretty much all or nothing. This would solve that issue. I guess the lesson learned is next time buy the 32GB. I'm still going to try out Match and see how I like it. I do wish they would give the option to use their metadata. I imagine I am not the only one who does minimal tagging to save time. I typically just use artist, album, and cover art. It would be nice to have complete tags without the time investment needed.

Well, I think there is some sort of intelligent use of space. Say you have 1 GB free. It may fill most of that, but start deleting songs as you continue listening.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I started the process @ 2 PM today (Eastern). 4300 songs matched out of 9100 total. Currently, and for the past hour, it is stuck on 4800 of 4800 Items Uploaded. Any thoughts?

I want to make a few changes and try to rematch a few songs, and correct some of the "Not Eligible" items.

Any ideas?

Nibbz

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine (about 10,800) all uploaded pretty flawlessly within a couple hours, love how it's implemented

Haven't been able to use genius though. The icon isn't in the middle of the now playing bar like it should. Why is this? Can we not genius with itunes match?

eyeseeyou

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Started the upload process hours ago.

Now saying its done after I've manually added a new album within the last hour. The new album wasn't uploaded.

More than half my library doesn't have that cloud icon next to it. Plenty of "was not added because an error occurred message". A few "item is not eligible" messages.

Not exactly sure whats going on

At this point I think audiogalaxy with its pinning option is looking like a better option even though your computer needs to stay on.

The amount of electricity it takes to keep my Mac on all year compared to $25 a year for this?

I'll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone 10

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Started the upload process hours ago.

Now saying its done after I've manually added a new album within the last hour. The new album wasn't uploaded.

More than half my library doesn't have that cloud icon next to it. Plenty of "was not added because an error occurred message". A few "item is not eligible" messages.

Not exactly sure whats going on

At this point I think audiogalaxy with its pinning option is looking like a better option even though your computer needs to stay on.

The amount of electricity it takes to keep my Mac on all year compared to $25 a year for this?

I'll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone 10

I had about 600 to upload and about 150 errored out overnight, but I just ran Match again and it took care of the problem this morning. My suggestion is to just try it one more time, maybe the Apple servers were getting hammered.

I like the concept, and having the whole library on my phone is nice. The only thing that kinda sorta bugs me about is what it didn't match. For example, I have Sgt. Pepper on CD, and I've ripped it to iTunes. It matched everything but the first song on the album, Sgt. Pepper. lol. Kind of strange that it missed that one.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I purchased a subscription during the original beta, and now it tells me that no subscriptions are being taken. WTH?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with very short tracks (< 5 seconds) throwing an error? I have 3 :04 second tracks that are from soundtracks that will not upload into iCloud so far.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I finally was able to get match this morning and I am somewhat disappointed. It took a short time to analyze my library, I only have a little of 2000 and it said that it couldn't match over 380 some songs out of that. I have used TuneUp and all my music is perfect in my library and they all have art, etc. But now that I have done Match I went and tried to get my songs for my phone and tons of my music are missing their album art now and some will not even download. I don't know if it is Apple's servers but I would think that they would have this stuff worked out. The fact that my album art is all gone is what upsets me and the fact that they couldn't match all mine and I know for a fact that all mine is in iTunes and could go to each song in iTunes that is in my library. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Is step 3 still running? Artwork is handled there. I had a similar issue, butnow, it seems ok.

Also, as a previous poster said, run the match a second time. It is quicker than the first, and helps any of the issues (well, some of them).

I have a few playlists that won't upload, it says it has inelligible items, which I have removed (iTunes LP data, etc). and the playlists still don't update.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just ran it again and no go. It basically said everything is good to go. I have a few songs that won't even download even though they say it is successfully uploaded. And then I have two that still has the waiting icon on it. Which they show up in my iCloud but it won't let me download them. This is different btw from the others. The others so up and it shows it downloading then it just stops or gives me an unknown error after a long period of time.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Kind of a dumb question but....

After iTunes match has matched all of my songs, how do i access the matched songs on my iPhone?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
After iTunes match has matched all of my songs, how do i access the matched songs on my iPhone?

You need to enable iTunes Match on your phone. Settings -> Music -> iTunes Match.

It will replace the local library with the iTunes Match / iCloud Library. When you go into your Music, you'll be able to see everything, and anything that isn't on the device, but is available in iCloud will have a Cloud icon next to it. You can download per song, or the entire album or even an entire playlist to your device if the songs are not already on your iPhone.

Reactions: wamadden4

rum_it

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Duplicate and matched songs

Anyone knows what to do with the duplicate songs? iTunes now prompts me to delete a song because it feels it is a duplicate. I do not want to delet it in a rush.. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to know what song was matched and which was uploaded?

Lastly. is anyone else getting errors like: "This item was not added to iCloud because an error occurred"?

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone knows what to do with the duplicate songs? iTunes now prompts me to delete a song because it feels it is a duplicate. I do not want to delet it in a rush.. Any suggestions?

Lastly. is anyone else getting errors like: "This item was not added to iCloud because an error occurred"?

Just check to see if they are the same and then decide and the error just right click the song and click send to cloud and it probably will do it this time.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Regarding the errors, I had about 150 last night out of 600. I ran Match again this morning and it uploaded all but 4 of them, 1 of which was not over 128kbps so it's not eligible and the others were under 5 seconds.

rum_it

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all.. One more question..

I have some 9400 songs in my library.. Only ~7000 of them are showing up in the cloud. Any idea why rest of the 2400 songs would not get matched or uploaded? They are all 128KB bit rate... Would these be ineligible?????

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73