Is the ratings data downloaded when you download a song?
    11-15-2011 01:13 AM
    Started the upload process hours ago.

Now saying its done after I've manually added a new album within the last hour. The new album wasn't uploaded.

More than half my library doesn't have that cloud icon next to it. Plenty of "was not added because an error occurred message". A few "item is not eligible" messages.

Not exactly sure whats going on

At this point I think audiogalaxy with its pinning option is looking like a better option even though your computer needs to stay on.

The amount of electricity it takes to keep my Mac on all year compared to $25 a year for this?

I'll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone 10
    11-15-2011 02:31 AM
    Started the upload process hours ago.

Now saying its done after I've manually added a new album within the last hour. The new album wasn't uploaded.

More than half my library doesn't have that cloud icon next to it. Plenty of "was not added because an error occurred message". A few "item is not eligible" messages.

Not exactly sure whats going on

At this point I think audiogalaxy with its pinning option is looking like a better option even though your computer needs to stay on.

The amount of electricity it takes to keep my Mac on all year compared to $25 a year for this?

I'll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone 10
    I had about 600 to upload and about 150 errored out overnight, but I just ran Match again and it took care of the problem this morning. My suggestion is to just try it one more time, maybe the Apple servers were getting hammered.

I like the concept, and having the whole library on my phone is nice. The only thing that kinda sorta bugs me about is what it didn't match. For example, I have Sgt. Pepper on CD, and I've ripped it to iTunes. It matched everything but the first song on the album, Sgt. Pepper. lol. Kind of strange that it missed that one.
    11-15-2011 06:55 AM
    I purchased a subscription during the original beta, and now it tells me that no subscriptions are being taken. WTH?
    11-15-2011 06:58 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with very short tracks (< 5 seconds) throwing an error? I have 3 :04 second tracks that are from soundtracks that will not upload into iCloud so far.
    11-15-2011 08:07 AM
    I finally was able to get match this morning and I am somewhat disappointed. It took a short time to analyze my library, I only have a little of 2000 and it said that it couldn't match over 380 some songs out of that. I have used TuneUp and all my music is perfect in my library and they all have art, etc. But now that I have done Match I went and tried to get my songs for my phone and tons of my music are missing their album art now and some will not even download. I don't know if it is Apple's servers but I would think that they would have this stuff worked out. The fact that my album art is all gone is what upsets me and the fact that they couldn't match all mine and I know for a fact that all mine is in iTunes and could go to each song in iTunes that is in my library. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
    11-15-2011 09:06 AM
    Is step 3 still running? Artwork is handled there. I had a similar issue, butnow, it seems ok.

Also, as a previous poster said, run the match a second time. It is quicker than the first, and helps any of the issues (well, some of them).

I have a few playlists that won't upload, it says it has inelligible items, which I have removed (iTunes LP data, etc). and the playlists still don't update.
    11-15-2011 09:25 AM
    I just ran it again and no go. It basically said everything is good to go. I have a few songs that won't even download even though they say it is successfully uploaded. And then I have two that still has the waiting icon on it. Which they show up in my iCloud but it won't let me download them. This is different btw from the others. The others so up and it shows it downloading then it just stops or gives me an unknown error after a long period of time.
    11-15-2011 09:48 AM
    After iTunes match has matched all of my songs, how do i access the matched songs on my iPhone?
    11-15-2011 10:51 AM
    After iTunes match has matched all of my songs, how do i access the matched songs on my iPhone?
    You need to enable iTunes Match on your phone. Settings -> Music -> iTunes Match.

It will replace the local library with the iTunes Match / iCloud Library. When you go into your Music, you'll be able to see everything, and anything that isn't on the device, but is available in iCloud will have a Cloud icon next to it. You can download per song, or the entire album or even an entire playlist to your device if the songs are not already on your iPhone.
    wamadden4 likes this.
    11-15-2011 11:12 AM
    Anyone knows what to do with the duplicate songs? iTunes now prompts me to delete a song because it feels it is a duplicate. I do not want to delet it in a rush.. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to know what song was matched and which was uploaded?

Lastly. is anyone else getting errors like: "This item was not added to iCloud because an error occurred"?
    11-15-2011 12:31 PM
    Anyone knows what to do with the duplicate songs? iTunes now prompts me to delete a song because it feels it is a duplicate. I do not want to delet it in a rush.. Any suggestions?

Lastly. is anyone else getting errors like: "This item was not added to iCloud because an error occurred"?
    Just check to see if they are the same and then decide and the error just right click the song and click send to cloud and it probably will do it this time.
    11-15-2011 12:43 PM

Regarding the errors, I had about 150 last night out of 600. I ran Match again this morning and it uploaded all but 4 of them, 1 of which was not over 128kbps so it's not eligible and the others were under 5 seconds.
    11-15-2011 12:58 PM
    Thank you all.. One more question..

I have some 9400 songs in my library.. Only ~7000 of them are showing up in the cloud. Any idea why rest of the 2400 songs would not get matched or uploaded? They are all 128KB bit rate... Would these be ineligible?????
    Last edited by rum_it; 11-15-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    11-15-2011 04:57 PM
    And today I checked, and Match asked if I wanted to add this computer. So I'm back in business.
    11-15-2011 05:07 PM
    So it appears that most of the album artwork from my locally stored songs (the ones that were already stored on my phone) disappeared when I turned on match. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, when I shuffle all songs, it includes ones from the cloud that I have not downloaded to my phone. Anyone know of a way to make it just shuffle the songs I have on my phone?
    11-15-2011 06:51 PM
    I didn't read the whole thread but do have a question regarding Match.

I set it up last night and it appears to be working fine on my iPhone4s and iPad2. My home office computer was the machine that I set it up on.

So, can I install iTunes Match on my work computer and have access like I do on my portable devices?

EDIT: NEVERMIND.
    I just d/l iTunes to my office PC and logged into the store. I was able to add my computer and have immediate access to my collection.
    Last edited by Thudstaff; 11-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    11-16-2011 07:53 AM
    Can somebody please tell me [Yes or No] whether or not i need to delete the music i have previously synced off of my iPhone. And can you also assure me that it will not affect my iCloud music at all! -Thanks.
    11-16-2011 08:18 AM
    You need to enable iTunes Match on your phone. Settings -> Music -> iTunes Match.

It will replace the local library with the iTunes Match / iCloud Library. When you go into your Music, you'll be able to see everything, and anything that isn't on the device, but is available in iCloud will have a Cloud icon next to it. You can download per song, or the entire album or even an entire playlist to your device if the songs are not already on your iPhone.

Out of all my music on my phone only 2 albums that appear with the cloud icon. what does that mean?
    11-16-2011 08:26 AM
    Any idea why only 7000 of my 9400 odd songs are being uploaded or matched? There is no "cloud" sign in front of these songs and all of them are 128KBPS or more
    11-16-2011 08:57 AM
    Out of all my music on my phone only 2 albums that appear with the cloud icon. what does that mean?
    It seems to me that those albums are stored on the cloud and not locally. If you want them on your phone, just click the cloud icon and they will d/l. Relatedly, if you want to clear some space on your phone, delete songs. When you do, you should see the cloud icon reappear.

Something else I've noticed since I installed iTunes on my office machine this morning is that if I have iTunes do a shuffle, it will play stuff that is locally on my machine and stream stuff from the cloud. The only way the cloud music will reside on my office machine is to actually d/l it.
    11-16-2011 09:35 AM
    Can somebody please tell me [Yes or No] whether or not i need to delete the music i have previously synced off of my iPhone. And can you also assure me that it will not affect my iCloud music at all! -Thanks.

No, if you delete off your iPhone it will pop back up the iCloud symbol for you to re-download it.
    11-16-2011 10:21 AM
    Love Match, they just need to reenable the genius button!
    11-16-2011 01:04 PM
    So it appears that most of the album artwork from my locally stored songs (the ones that were already stored on my phone) disappeared when I turned on match. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, when I shuffle all songs, it includes ones from the cloud that I have not downloaded to my phone. Anyone know of a way to make it just shuffle the songs I have on my phone?
    I'm having issues with artwork too and it appears entirely random which songs have and and which don't. It even happens with albums I recently bough from iTunes.
    11-16-2011 02:04 PM
    I'm having issues with artwork too and it appears entirely random which songs have and and which don't. It even happens with albums I recently bough from iTunes.
    I noticed that as well, must be an Apple server issue.
    11-16-2011 02:25 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD