I have a bunch of ripped CDs on a hard drive and I have imported some of them into itunes. My question is how do I get the cover art for the CDs? Is there anyway to import/download them from iTunes and then sync them to my iPhone? Thanks for the help
    11-09-2011 06:47 PM
    If iTunes doesn't have the art I do a google search for the CD and copy the art from a source there and paste it into the box in iTunes.
    11-09-2011 07:21 PM
    You can also use something like MediaMonkey to update your mp3s.
    11-09-2011 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I look into them. If you find the copy the art and then paste it does the image need to be a certain pixel size?
    11-10-2011 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I look into them. If you find the copy the art and then paste it does the image need to be a certain pixel size?
    No specific size. I prefer images in the 500 x 500 size... big enough to see it all, and it doesn't pixelize too badly when full screen on my MBP...

First of all, sign into your iTunes account on your computer then go to Advanced / Get Album Artwork (OS X, for Windows, the option may be somewhere else in the menu structure). iTunes will download the artwork if it can find a match in the iTunes store.
    11-10-2011 02:01 PM
    Thanks Fausty82, I will give that try that when I get home tonight after work. I am using Windows so I guess I will just poke around and see if I can find it. I will let you know how it works out.
    Last edited by iLurk13; 11-10-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    11-10-2011 06:27 PM
    I am super OCD about that so all of mine have cover art. iTunes will add artwork to the songs even if you haven't purchased the songs from iTunes. Just go into the actual songs info and make sure you have the Artist(s) & Song name exactly as it would be if you purchased it from iTunes, then as
    Fausty82 said, go to Advance/Get Album Artwork and it'll add the images for you.
    11-11-2011 01:54 PM
    Thanks. I tried it last night but some of them did not get artwork. iTunes could not download them all. I will check to make sure that the names of the CDs are exactly how they appear in iTunes and then I will try it again.
    11-11-2011 02:53 PM
    One more thing is the songs are ripped from the actual CDs so I would figure that the names and artist info are correct. But I will check on it. Thanks again.
    11-11-2011 02:55 PM
    No problem, and yea, I had a few that no matter how correctly they were spelled the artwork still never appeared through itunes so I had to do what phessler said. Hope it helps!
    11-11-2011 03:55 PM
    Okay so I checked iTunes and some of the CDs are not available so I guess that is why it did not download the coverart. I searched Google and found the ones I need but now how do you paste them into iTunes? When I click on the box, or right click that is, it does not give me an option to paste the artwork in. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
    11-11-2011 08:41 PM
    Okay so I checked iTunes and some of the CDs are not available so I guess that is why it did not download the coverart. I searched Google and found the ones I need but now how do you paste them into iTunes? When I click on the box, or right click that is, it does not give me an option to paste the artwork in. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
    You can't paste it in, as far as I have ever been able to tell...

In iTunes, select the song/album... right click > get info > (artwork tab) > ADD > navigate to the artwork and add it that way.
    11-11-2011 08:57 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks. The help you guys provided was great. I download what cover art I could and then added the rest. After syncing my iphone it was put on it. Thanks again.
    11-13-2011 08:41 PM
    you can.

right click the image on google/wherever your getting it from

then select the items you want to change the artwork.

eithier go to the album artwork display in the bottom left corner or right click on the items and right click in the artwork box and paste hit ok and your set.
    11-14-2011 11:43 PM
    One other place to get art work would be Amazon (amazon.com) Look up the artist or album and copy the album art they have.

11-17-2011 03:01 AM
    I didn't think about amazon before. Thanks for the suggestion. I am still looking for few that I haven't been able to find. I will give a try.
    11-22-2011 12:30 AM
    I didn't think about amazon before. Thanks for the suggestion. I am still looking for few that I haven't been able to find. I will give a try.
    You may have to resort to just searching the album title in Google or Bing and look for images for some of the more obscure stuff. I know I had to do that for a few albums... and on at least one occasion, I had to dig the CD out of storage and scan the cover... it was a PITA, but eventually I got them all...
    11-22-2011 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD