Manually coping files... (photos)

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I was trying to find a way to manually Sync photos to my iPhone with iTunes, and what I ended up doing was the following:

1. Connected iPhone
2. Put all photos into a folder on desktop
3. highlighted all files and moved them over to iTunes where i hovered over my Phone, and it showed "Copy"
4. iTunes was showing the photos being copied.

After all this i checked my phone, and could not have any photos on it what's so ever, so i checked the local disk (windows user) and could not see any files on the internal piece either.

Does anyone know where the files were copied too? Was it a local itunes folder possible or did it copy it to the phone where its not reachable?

FYI i checked my photos folder in windows and it wasn't there either...

Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can't copy photos to iTunes. You can only sync photos to iTunes. To do that, go to your Photos tab in iTunes. Either check to sync all and choose your photos directory, or check only specific folders from within the appropriate directory.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't copy photos to iTunes. You can only sync photos to iTunes. To do that, go to your Photos tab in iTunes. Either check to sync all and choose your photos directory, or check only specific folders from within the appropriate directory.

Thanks. Yes this is what I wanted to avoid but I ended up doing. My real question is what happen to the files that iTunes said it was coping? I'm thinking either it moved it over and is now taking up space for no reason, or it copied them elsewhere someone on my computer...

Thanks again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2