itunes not installing !!

ddymond

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to re-install itunes after deleting and now i have nothing relating to itunes.

this is the error message i get in a pop up box when trying to re-install itunes
error writing to file:
c:\windows\winsxs\maifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_ 1fc8b3b9a1e18e3_b_8.0.50727.6195_x-ww_44262b86.cat.
verify that you have access to that directory

when i look for that file under c:\windows\winsxs\manifest\ .... that file is not listed

even trying to install itunes "manually" under the download only tab and I still get the same error every time
and i have to cancel the install
HELP !!!!!! PLEASE

THANKS

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hum, I just Googled, What is a .cat file. Bottom line you need to clean your registry Do you have a registry cleaner? I use Norton Utilities 14. There are others out there on the net but you have to pay for any of them. You might as well get one because it is difficult to make Windows work over the long time without cleaning the registry from time to time. Here is a link to my search:
what is a .cat file - Google Search

Here is a link to one of what I consider to be a legit site.
File Extension .CAT Details

I feel you would be better off Googling "Register Cleaner" or something close. The trouble with this stuff is that you never know what you are getting. Of Course the free scans are gona say there are problems because they want you to purchase their product. I just went to Best Buy and bought the Norton utilities in the box.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice