Anyone else having trouble with the new itunes...

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
On windows 7, working with a 4s, and the new iTunes has been really buggy. Downloaded it not too long ago, before I got the new iphone, and whenever I open it, it just never completely loads. My CPU usage goes to 100%. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice?

TIA.

cdneeley

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea this new iTunes isn't very good. It messed up the files of songs that I bought from other sites. Now they play all distorted and I can't fix it. However those songs play fine in my iPhone. It's really frustrating. Seems like they rushed to get it out for IOS 5. Hopefully there's an update soon to fix these problems.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hum, I have had no problems with mine and the music plays fine on the computer and the phone. I would suggest that you go to control panel and open up "Programs and Features" and uninstall iTunes. Then try another download.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hum, I have had no problems with mine and the music plays fine on the computer and the phone. I would suggest that you go to control panel and open up "Programs and Features" and uninstall iTunes. Then try another download.

I've tried downloading itunes and 'repairing,' and that does nothing. If I completely uninstall, will I lose my playlist and whatnot?

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I do not think so. All of the Media part of iTunes is in a different place in My Music which should not be affected by uninstalling the Program.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not think so. All of the Media part of iTunes is in a different place in My Music which should not be affected by uninstalling the Program.

Ok, did a complete uninstall, cleaned the registry, downloaded itunes again, and reinstalled it. It's working better, but still sorta buggy... I guess I can deal with this for now, hopefully the next update is better. We'll see how it goes when I sync my iphone...

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, did a complete uninstall, cleaned the registry, downloaded itunes again, and reinstalled it. It's working better, but still sorta buggy... I guess I can deal with this for now, hopefully the next update is better. We'll see how it goes when I sync my iphone...

Alright, Syncing the phone, it's taking forever to add 30 songs, the sync it's on step 2/7 "backing up" I added 30 songs, that's it, should not be taking this long, what gives?

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea this new iTunes isn't very good. It messed up the files of songs that I bought from other sites. Now they play all distorted and I can't fix it. However those songs play fine in my iPhone. It's really frustrating. Seems like they rushed to get it out for IOS 5. Hopefully there's an update soon to fix these problems.

Same issue here with the distortion. I play the mp3s thru windows media player they sound just fine. If anyone has any answer I would greatly appreciate it!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.104383,-117.740226
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods