itunes and iphone and ipod

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
so i have an ipod still and my itunes has tons of music that i synch to my ipod. if i try to synch the iphone to itunes, will it try to cram all my music into the iphone? is there anyway to have two separate synch identities where the ipod will synch one set of files and iphone another? thanks.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You can adjust the sync settings to manual, in the iTunes settings.

Mistress of Mischief

doesn't that mean everytime i synch phone or ipod i will have to pick exactly what i want to synch? if i have tons of files it'll take more time than necessary?

is there really no way to just do a drag and drop on an iphone? it's so convenient and intuitive that i guess i took it for granted that i could do that with other phones. :(

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well ulnek75, iTunes should distinguish between the two devices and have separate settings for each one. Therefore it should not sync them the same. When the iPod is connected it will sync with whatever settings you have set for it and the same for the iPhone.

Another thing to consider is the iCloud which should have everything you have purchased for your iPod ready to download on your iPhone at set up. Not sure how all of that will work so we just have to wait and see.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
All iOS devices sync independently of all others. Each has it's sync settings so no they will not mess with each other.

You can drag and drop with the iPhone, on the summary page check the manually manage music box.

Or what I do, create a playlist "iPhone Music" and sync that one playlist to the iPhone. You can then drag/drop on that playlist within iTunes and then sync after your done the changes. When viewing the playlist it also says the size at the bottom of iTunes for handy space management.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox