album art issue

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
When playing music with the screen turned off I can access the iTunes controls by pushing the home button. Sometimes the album art shows and sometimes its just my wallpaper.

Any ideas?

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but a friend had a similar problem, and fixed it by rebooting their iTouch. If that works it is still a work-around but better than nothing.

:)

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to back this up, but it might have to do with whether you left the iTunes app open or went back to your home screen.

I've noticed that if I leave the app open, it will show album art if the phone locks itself and I wake it back up; but if I return to my home screen with the music playing, it will show my wallpaper (or occasionally some unrelated album art cover).

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to back this up, but it might have to do with whether you left the iTunes app open or went back to your home screen.

I've noticed that if I leave the app open, it will show album art if the phone locks itself and I wake it back up; but if I return to my home screen with the music playing, it will show my wallpaper (or occasionally some unrelated album art cover).

I can confirm this is the issue.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

on iOS 5 b7, it always displays the album art for the song currently playing, regardless of what screen you Locked it on.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this is the issue.

What firmware are you guys running? I'm on 4.3.3 and it seems to always show my album art on the lockscreen. just tried all these:

-start music, leave iPod app open, lock
-start music, close iPod app, lock
-start music, close iPod app, open a new app, lock
-start music, close iPod app, open and close new app, lock

With all those, my art still showed on my lockscreen...

(Edit: have you checked to make sure all your tracks have album art? I've found that sometimes only some tracks in an album have art attached.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR