This now happens every single time I sync my iPhone since updating to 10.4.1 last week.

It gets to the final step and then the progress bar shows this stripped pattern like a candycane and then it just freezes up and stops responding. I have to force quit iTunes.

The first time it seemingly took my camera roll with it because it froze syncing photos and then when I cancelled the sync on my iPhone no photos would show or it would say something that it was loading the library and then just sit there.

Anyone else? Or know what the problem is?
    09-10-2011 12:06 AM
    In the photos section have you got "include videos" checked?
    09-10-2011 12:15 AM
    I saw that there was an update available for iTunes last week but I haven't bothered to update mine yet. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes again to see if that corrects this problem?
    09-10-2011 09:03 AM
    No I do not have that checked because I do not have any videos in my photos folder to sync. They are in the videos folder.

It seems to have stopped. But iTunes is very unresponsive now and lags when selecting anything. If I hit sync it takes at least 1 minute before it starts syncing and then another minute of sitting there when it finishes.

Starting Sunday, if I leave my iPhone connected to the computer and iTunes open a message pops up every few minutes that it could not communicate with the sync server or something about checking my carrier settings and to try again later. This looks like some message from Apple/iTunes and just keeps popping up non-stop.

Another annoying bug, even if I pin iTunes to the task bar (Windows 7) when I actually open it another short cut appears on the task bar right next too it; incredibly annoying.

Oh yea, I did update to 4.3.5 because I my iPhone was starting to also go downhill.
    09-13-2011 09:07 AM
    I have this exact same problem. Not sure if my iTunes has been updated or not. Syncing starts, but freezes the first time, requiring a reboot (not just a force quit) to get it back up and running. It seems to sync fine ONCE after that, but the next time it's back to the same issue.

Extraordinarily annoying. I've tried deleting my backup, but the problem comes back right away again. It also takes up to a minute for my phone to show in iTunes after plugging it in. I was thinking it was an issue with my phone and was going to try a restore (via TinyUmbrella) to 4.3.3 and re-jb with redsn0w, but if the issue is affecting even those that are on stock phones then I'm not sure that will help at all...

Hopefully someone will have solved this issue at some point and can give pointers.

Running Windows 7 x64, if that helps at all.
    09-14-2011 12:30 PM
    Still doing the same thing for me today. I still get the this message; "iTunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later." Been going on all week.

It's a pop up box with a big red X from iTunes but doesn't say error or have a number.

I'm also on Win7 x64.
    Last edited by sting7k; 09-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    09-14-2011 07:35 PM
    Yep...happened again this morning.

Difference was: This time it was a freshly rebooted system after Windows installed updates.

Still searching for a solution to this. If anyone has one, please share it.
    09-19-2011 10:15 AM
    I've found something that has so far worked for me, but I'm not claiming total victory just yet. It's now synced 3 times in a row with no freezes yet, though.

• Download the correct version of iTunes

Even if you already have a copy of the installer somewhere, re-download it from Apple.

• Uninstall your current iTunes version (it will tell you to reboot, I chose to reboot later)
    • Uninstall Quicktime
    • Uninstall Apple Software Update
    • Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Uninstall Bonjour
    • Uninstall Apple Application Support
    • Reboot
    • Install iTunes from the file you downloaded earlier

It's important to do the steps in that order. Don't worry about your library or any apps being affected, it will not change any of your existing settings.

This worked (so far) for me.
    09-21-2011 11:18 AM
    I've found something that has so far worked for me, but I'm not claiming total victory just yet. It's now synced 3 times in a row with no freezes yet, though.

• Download the correct version of iTunes

Even if you already have a copy of the installer somewhere, re-download it from Apple.

• Uninstall your current iTunes version (it will tell you to reboot, I chose to reboot later)
    • Uninstall Quicktime
    • Uninstall Apple Software Update
    • Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Uninstall Bonjour
    • Uninstall Apple Application Support
    • Reboot
    • Install iTunes from the file you downloaded earlier

It's important to do the steps in that order. Don't worry about your library or any apps being affected, it will not change any of your existing settings.

This worked (so far) for me.
    That's a little too much IMO. At this point I'm just not using iTunes because this latest release is horrid. The program also lags and hangs all the time. I sometimes download app updates 5 times before iTunes recognizes that I have the update the store is telling me I have. I still get that same message about not getting the carrier settings and to try again later even if I just leave my iPhone plugged into the computer to charge. I knew I should not have updated it, even that is an annoying process.

This may be the final straw after 4.3.x; I've got my eye on the Samsung Focus S right now.

Thanks for the info.
    09-22-2011 09:28 AM
    I get that issue with apps as well, but I got it on the previous release as well.

Still, it's worked for me.

Good luck to you if you do decide to go with the Galaxy. Good looking phone, and Android is not a bad OS, though in my experience even my 3GS gets better battery life than most of the Android phones out there. You may have better luck, though.
    09-22-2011 09:51 AM
    I get that issue with apps as well, but I got it on the previous release as well.

Still, it's worked for me.

Good luck to you if you do decide to go with the Galaxy. Good looking phone, and Android is not a bad OS, though in my experience even my 3GS gets better battery life than most of the Android phones out there. You may have better luck, though.
    The app thing has come and gone before but it's been going on a week straight now. And the Samsung Focus S is a WP7 device that is soon to be released. Not interested in Android at all.

Maybe I will reinstall iTunes tonight, we will see. I think Apple lost me taking so long on iOS 5 this year, I'm quite bored with my iPhone by now and getting antsy for something new.
    09-22-2011 01:17 PM
    Sorry, I misread the phone you were talking about.

Whenever I have that issue on my iTunes, I usually update that app on my phone when I'm connected to wifi. That clears it up.

Ultimately, it's your call. Rumor has it that iOS5 (presumably) and the new iPhone will be announced in 12 or 13 days. Might want to hold out for a couple of weeks to see what's on the horizon.
    09-22-2011 01:36 PM
    Last night apps seemed to download ok and recognize that they were downloaded. I never download apps directly on my iPhone, I only update via iTunes. It also was working marginally better. I didn't get that message either popping up and I had my phone connected charging for several hours while I was playing Xbox.

I think it's just boredom though. The new WP7 mango update has me quite envious for something new and fresh. Looking at the same rows of icons for 4 years is getting to me; kind of why I'm not interested in Android. I like that MS is developing their own UI that is unique.

All this stuff with iTunes is just piling on. We will see, the Focus S isn't even out yet. I imagine iOS 5 will be out before it gets here.
    09-23-2011 11:48 AM
    i realised if i plug my iphone in then open itunes it crashes, but if i go onto my iphone settings general itunes wifi sync and sync now it stops itunes crashing dunno why :\
    10-17-2013 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD