Remove drm protection

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok before I get jumped for asking Let me explain I have a movie I bought in iTunes I also have a extra android I want to load this movie onto for trips in car etc .. I'm looking for a way to remove the drm or something to be able to load that movie to the device .. Does anyone know of Any good programs for widows that will help me with this ?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had really good luck ripping MY OWNED DVDs with the combination of Handbreak and VLC. Not sure what to say about DRM-infected (protected?) movies downloaded from iTunes. I know with music you can burn it to CD then re-rip it to remove... I'd also be interested in the answer...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I read that you can burn it movie to DVD but seems like a hassle to burn and then re rip and would prob loose quality

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you could find the movie on DVD for sale at a bargain price somewhere, and rip that to a digital copy for your droid device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya very true but don't really want to pay for the same thing twice I mean it def is a solution but there has to be a way

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya it re encodes the file and people say it makes quality suffer :( one of the comments said use requiem but that has not worked since iTunes 9.0 guess simplest way it to just buy the DVD to start and then rip it yourself drm free .. To bad iTunes dont work with other than apple devices then you could keep the drm and be fine lol

kensingtonite

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's any cheap way you can do this. There ARE programs out there that remove the DRM, but they just basically play the file and re encode it, as you say. iTunes removed the DRM from their music. It's high time they stopped putting it on their videos too! It's paid for, at a premium price by us buyers. We should be able to do what we want with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2