hello,
    Apparently you cant authorize more than 5 computers on 1 account? i have a new computer and it wont let me authorize because I am at the 5 limit.. what can I do? i don't have the old computers to de-authorize them (never even occured to me)

Can you create a new itunes account and transfer my library over, will that work?
    08-22-2011 09:28 AM
    No Problem, Open iTunes click on iTunes store, then to the right click on Account (It's the fifth item down) Then enter your password. You will then see your account information .. Below your payment info is a button that say's Deauthorize All. Click that button and you should be all set. You will have to reauthorize the computers that you currently use. Hope this helps!
    08-22-2011 09:54 AM
    Follow the steps on this link. This should take care of your authorizations:

Resetting iTunes Computer Authorizations
    08-22-2011 09:56 AM
    No Problem, Open iTunes click on iTunes store, then to the right click on Account (It's the fifth item down) Then enter your password. You will then see your account information .. Below your payment info is a button that say's Deauthorize All. Click that button and you should be all set. You will have to reauthorize the computers that you currently use. Hope this helps!
    You beat me to it.
    08-22-2011 09:58 AM
    Apple only allows you to deauthorize all once every 12 months... but if you run into the problem you can contact Apple (through the iTunes support page) and they will deauthorize all computers for you. I had to go through them once after a couple of hardware failures/system restores...

So, if the link is NOT there, you need to contact Apple for assistance, but they will work it out for you.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-22-2011 10:25 AM
    Awesome!!! Thanks everyone.. Really apprecite it..
    08-22-2011 10:29 AM
    Apple only allows you to deauthorize all once every 12 months... but if you run into the problem you can contact Apple (through the iTunes support page) and they will deauthorize all computers for you. I had to go through them once after a couple of hardware failures/system restores...

So, if the link is NOT there, you need to contact Apple for assistance, but they will work it out for you.
    Hey, thanks for posting this. Maybe Apple will be able to deauthorize an old Dell computer that I no long have. I still have 3 computers left, but it would be nice if they could remove the first one for me.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2011 11:46 AM
    Hey, thanks for posting this. Maybe Apple will be able to deauthorize an old Dell computer that I no long have. I still have 3 computers left, but it would be nice if they could remove the first one for me.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    If you contact them you can ask. But I believe the "deauthorize all" is a just in time fix to reset the 5-computer limit. If you aren't at the 5 computer limit, they may not do it... and I don't think that it's selective - it's all or nothing... though it's simple enough to reauthorize the appropriate computers afterwards.

My motto: it never hurts to ask.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-22-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    08-22-2011 11:49 AM
    Should be everyones motto.
    08-22-2011 06:40 PM
    Update: I did it and its working perfectly. damn, such a simple thing but i had no idea until I found this forum.. thank you all!!
    08-22-2011 07:15 PM
    Update: I did it and its working perfectly. damn, such a simple thing but i had no idea until I found this forum.. thank you all!!
    That's what we're here for
    08-22-2011 07:19 PM
    If you contact them you can ask. But I believe the "deauthorize all" is a just in time fix to reset the 5-computer limit. If you aren't at the 5 computer limit, they may not do it... and I don't think that it's selective - it's all or nothing... though it's simple enough to reauthorize the appropriate computers afterwards.

I called Apple when I got home from work, and like you said the rep who I spoke to said he couldn't do it for me. He just said not to worry since I only upgrade my computer every 6 to seven years. Thanks again for the tip, though. Good to know for the future.

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-22-2011 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD