Duplicate entries in iTunes 10.3

jfusco

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have iTunes 10.3.2.55 on a 32-bit Windows 7 system. I manage my 32GB iPhone 3GS and an 80GB 6th gen iPod classic. I do not allow iTunes to organize my library - I have my music arranged the way I want it to be in my file system.

I recently activated the automatic music sync for my iPhone after realizing that some songs I had added to playlists had not synchronized automatically. When I did this, I was told that several hundred songs could not be transferred because they could not be found.:confused:

I went into one of my playlists and started 'finding' the songs marked with a ! but realized that if I found them in the playlist the link did not transfer to the main list and I'm assuming that it did not translate to other playlists this song may be in. I also started seeing iTules change the data in the "Name" column from the song title to "artist - song title" :mad: - not sure if it's related.

I won't rant about how asinine I think iTunes is with file management. It appears to have been this way for a looooong time and my ravings would likely fall on deaf ears. So, here are my questions...

Is there a way to get iTunes to scan your music folders and look for lost tracks?

If I want to delete my catalog and start all over, what file(s) do I need to move or remove?

If I delete my catalog will it also delete my playlists, causing me to have to rebuild them?

Any idea why it's changing the data in the name field?

Thank you,
Joe

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW